599 gtb as daily driver | FerrariChat

599 gtb as daily driver

Discussion in '612/599' started by martinjim, Oct 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. martinjim

martinjim Rookie

Jul 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda Ca.
    Full Name:
    Jim Martin
    Hello,I am going to buy a 07 or 08 599 and want to know your thoughts if they can be a daily driver and what advice you can give me.I plan on putting 10000-15000+miles a year on the car and I am wondering if I can have mechanical troubles or other issues with the car.I know this sounds crazy to most Ferrari guys but I want to enjoy the car everyday.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Jim

2. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    YES, they are brilliant daily drivers. I drove my F430 daily for two years and loved every minute of it. My 599 arrives in about 3 weeks and it will be my daily driver.
    Go for it!

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    I just picked up an 08 599 and I think you could easily drive this car every day. It's big, but the steering is very nimble. Hopefully, you have a dedicated parking spot as I would be concerned with other people parking too close and putting door dings in your paint. This car gets lots of attention.

Enjoy.

4. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Yup, mine's used as a daily driver and I think quite a fair number of fchatters also use theirs as daily drivers.

5. osalah

osalah Rookie

Sep 22, 2009
    I have driven the Aston Martin DBS, the Lambo Gallardo and others and its surprising how easy the 599 as a daily driver is. Easier than the 430 for sure. Quiet on the highway, comfortable. And I have a manual!