Any One Know How to Get a Press Pass? | FerrariChat

Any One Know How to Get a Press Pass?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Supercar Ace, Oct 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    I would like to know how I can get on as It's my dream to go to the LA Autoshow on a press day. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    What media organization do you work for?

3. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #3 BBL, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  4. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    #4 Supercar Ace, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
    I've done some on/off blogging for random autoblogs, so I don't know if that will count, but if anyone needs an "assistant" for the day...

5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I've only been at it for 6 months now or so with my press/media adventures, but as far as I know there is no U.S. "press pass". There are credentials you can go buy that say press on them, but they are of limited use. The real "press passes", if you want to call them that, are usually issued by AP.

For what I am doing, which is covering car related events, I have been having to submit information directly to the people running the event. This information can range from a just a form to submitting previously published work.

There are nationwide press passes in Europe and events run there usually ask you to have a press pass issued by your country of residence or in the case of the U.S., published works.

Google should be your next step if you want to learn more.

6. TheGasman

TheGasman Karting

Oct 16, 2007
    Ventura, CA
    Full Name:
    Gasman
  7. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    Maybe try looking at the laautoshow.com web site?

http://register.laautoshow.com/default.aspx

The press days are for intended for working journalists only. To be honest, you should only sign up if you plan on actually covering the event for a legitimate publication/web site so as to not interfere with those who are trying to do their jobs.

8. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    Yeah the "legit" part is the killer for me. I suppose I'll just go during the sneak preview day, or perhaps pull a 3-stooges ;)