88 Mondial near Atlanta - anybody know it? | FerrariChat

88 Mondial near Atlanta - anybody know it?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by sprio, Oct 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sprio

sprio Rookie

Dec 22, 2008
  2. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
  3. sprio

sprio Rookie

Dec 22, 2008
    Thanks, Wade. I've been lurking here for almost a year, just now getting my toes wet. I'm considering selling/trading my Porsche 928 and moving up to Ferrari ownership; from what I've read, the Mondial seems to be a good way to go. I may take you up on your offer. Let's see what the seller has to say - I'll give them a call this evening.

Bruce

4. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    what happened to the information warning lights in the center next to the shifter? Some of those lights that used to be there are actually important warnings. Is the seller trying to not warn you about something?

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #5 Wade, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  6. sprio

sprio Rookie

Dec 22, 2008
    Work took me out of town this week, so I never got to look at the car. Spoke with seller this AM, it's been sold, went for $23K. Looks like I missed a good one.

7. woody6

woody6 Karting

Mar 9, 2009
    Madison, AL
    Full Name:
    Robert B.
    Sprio,

Are you looking for a Mondial, or might you consider a 308? I have an 82 308GTSi that I'm probably going to sell, and I'm 2 hours from Chattanooga in Huntsville, AL. I bought the car and like it a lot, but reluctantly admit that I do not fit in it. PM me if you're interested.

--Woody

8. sprio

sprio Rookie

Dec 22, 2008
    Woody, you have a PM

9. mprewr

mprewr Rookie

Aug 26, 2009
    Georgetown, KY
    I made the Mondial mine this week after going down and giving it a look. The car seems in great shape with a lot of service done over it's two owner life. I was told by the dealer that belts were done 18 months ago but records show 62 months. I spoke to the previous owner who confirmed the service history and was great to talk to about what he had done to the car in his 11 years of ownership. The car is going in for belt service this week and then hopefully for a true joy ride. I'm looking forward to being a part of this great group for years to come, and by my reading thus far F-car ownership is not always easy.

10. sprio

sprio Rookie

Dec 22, 2008
    Nice. Glad it worked out for you - I'm envious. If you ever find yourself travelling through Chattanooga with the car, I'd love to see what I missed out on!

I think I've refined my search to a cab - that makes my wife happier - and we all know what that means!

11. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #11 Wade, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. ossa

ossa Rookie

Oct 27, 2007
    You seem to have gotten an awesome deal! Congratulations.