Need good upholstery shop | FerrariChat

Need good upholstery shop

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Oct 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The massive rains at ICF ended up causing mold damage to my car, which wasn't spotted until this past weekend due to the fact it was stored :(

So, who would you recommend to disassemble/clean/repair the interior of a 328?

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    A lot of it just wipes off with a good cleaner. Try that. There is a good deal on cleaner and conditioner in FerrariAds.

However Bill's in Arlington is superb.

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've heard good things about A Tin Lizzy Affair in Richardson. They may be more pricey than you'd like though.

Call Griots, I bet they'd like to sell you something to do it yourself.

4. Orange72

Orange72 Rookie

Sep 14, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    Full Name:
    Bob Dezzany
    Tillman, I'm so sorry to hear about the mold - it sure did rain at ICF!! I would second the vote for The Tin Lizzie. I also like the idea of calling Griot's Garage - they are a pretty sharp outfit and probably have some products that would do the job for you.

Good luck, Tillman. Please keep me posted.

Bob Dezzany

5. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Tillman,

We sent all our interior work to Tin Lizzy when I was at FoD. The work was always very good. I would recommend your calling them and going by to talk to them. They will give you all your options, from cleaning and conditiioning to total replacement.

Let us know what you decide to do. If you find someone else who will do it and does good work the rest of us would like to know...

6. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I'll jump on this band wagon. I've used them for over 20 years, last time last week for an 840 Headliner, still the same excellent service!

8. val herrera

val herrera Rookie

Sep 14, 2006
    I also would recommend the Tin Lizzy Affair. Call the owner, Lucinda Howard, at 971-234-3791.

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I don't know any good ones but there is an evil shop in River Oaks, the owner hates babies & kicks puppies.

10. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    Tillman, a wet interior sucks! Has the leather shrunk? What do you need exactly? I'll bet we could dry it out in one weekend. I would be willing to loan my services... you bring the beer...

11. speedy

speedy Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    James Gardner
    I used this guy for some leather work.. I believe he redid the interior for a 246 Dino also. Located in East Plano.

www.bellsautotrim.com

12. speedy

speedy Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    James Gardner
    Tillman, if you're looking for a local interior supply shop, take a trip to Larry Dennis in FW. He supplies several of the local trim shops.

www.larrydennis.com

13. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    It's been a few weeks, progress???

14. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    It's in the shop, but there's been no progress. Seems the insurance company is having some issues with figuring out the estimate. For those keeping track, we're at almost a month.

I have to give kudos to RUF though, they've been very helpful during the process. Good guys all around, and while the car is there it's getting a little mechanical tweaking too.