Capristo Race vs. Capristo Stage III | FerrariChat

Capristo Race vs. Capristo Stage III

Discussion in '348/355' started by Coolhand, Oct 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coolhand

Coolhand Karting

Mar 30, 2007
    Overland Park Kansas
    What is the difference between the Capristo Stage III vs. the Capristo Race exhaust for the F355 other than the price? Is the Capristo Race street legal?

2. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    capristo III is/should be emissions legal but probably not sound levels. It sounds more F1 (better IMO) than the cappy 'race' version. It frees up 6-8 RWHP-ish.

capristo race for better or worse sounds like a CS IMO and is VERY loud at higher RPMs. It eliminates the y-pipe and its respective 2ndary cats (leaves primary cats). Due to its dual bypass valves, it is supposed to free up 20-ish RWHP. May not pass 'visual'.

3. PKF355

PKF355 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    sOCal
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Sorry can't help you here since I don't know the difference between Race and Stage III.

As for street legal...not even my lowly Stage II is street legal according to my local law enforcement officer. Got a ticket for "modified exhaust" from the friendly local PD only 1 month after I put Capristo II (with hyperflow cats) on my car. I still have it on the car but just have to be careful about not parading around town near redline all the time :D

4. Coolhand

Coolhand Karting

Mar 30, 2007
    Overland Park Kansas
    Hmmm...... interesting insights. I'm not terribly worried about the legality of the exhaust as in Kansas they don't require emissions tests. The "loudness" legality, I suppose that I'll just have to be careful about that.

Are there any issues running either the Capristo III or the Capristo Race with check engine lights illuminating with cars that have all of the emissions equipment still installed? I have all of the emissions equipment installed on my car and have Hyperflow cats. I don't really want to remove any of the emissions equipment or the cats just in case I were to move to a state that requires an emissions test. I do love the sound of the de-catted Capristo III however. What are the pros/cons for a catted versus de-catted Capristo setup?

5. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    The C3 is going to be VERY loud. Most say too loud. I have a C1 and it is pretty dern loud. All three Cappy levels have the same sound and volume once the bypass opens.

The race sounds different. You lose the high rpm shriek in the search for a few more hp. Personally, I prefer the Y-pipe sound. I agree with Goths description that the race sounds more like a CS.

6. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    The RACE one it is! :eek::eek:

7. CT 328 GTS

CT 328 GTS Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have Hyperflow cats and stage 3 and I passed emissions in CT. Never had a problem with warning lights. Mine is a '98 spyder.

8. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    All this Capristo talk and NO video clips? ;)

9. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKtcL_uefYo

My car with the Capristo race exhaust, Fabspeed headers and HyperFlow cats... At the beginning you can hear it just idling....Actually is it not that loud just cruising around town. Only loud when you want it to be and gas it over 4K rpm...

10. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Wow, very very nice!!!

11. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.