430 Body Shop Video | FerrariChat

430 Body Shop Video

Discussion in '360/430' started by PAULSPEED, Oct 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAULSPEED

PAULSPEED Rookie

Jan 27, 2007
    Can some one help me out? I can not
    remember the website for the 430 repair.

There is about 30 10 minute videos where they tear
    a 430 down and repair it.

The body shop was something like Leifters.

Thanks for your help.
    Paul

2. steelej

steelej Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2007
    UK
  3. steelej

steelej Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2007
    UK
  4. PAULSPEED

PAULSPEED Rookie

Jan 27, 2007
    I was looking all over for this. Thank
    you.

It is real interesting to see what it takes to
    do this. I am sure that this is an exercise
    to see if this could be done. There is way to many man
    hours to make this work afordable.

I like the way they keep insiting that this will be as good
    as new.

Paul

5. glasser1

glasser1 Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2006
    Oregon
    BTW if you are in Portland and need body work this shop gets two huge thumbs up. In 1997 I ordered a Ford F250 truck custom from the factory, built just the way I wanted. I didn't like the new body style and it was the last month Ford made that style. Two months after I got the truck I was rear-ended by another F250 pulling a gooseneck trailer and it rammed me into four more cars in front of me. Truck was a mess - frame bent something awful. I had heard of Leif's and talked to them and became convinced they could repair it to like new so I told them to go for it as I could no longer buy that truck new anymore.

Bottom line - they did just like they advertise. They fought the other guy's insurance company and tore the truck apart, brought the frame back to spec, put it back together, and called me to come take a look. I am picky as hell and imagined that it still wasn't perfect so they said no problem and worked on the frame until every body panel lined up perfectly - which was better than Ford did. I had the truck for ten years and over 100,00 miles and the body was always aligned perfectly and the paint was as good as new.

Just wanted to give them a plug because they deserve it.