Fall in New England | FerrariChat

Fall in New England

Discussion in '308/328' started by Mr. Nice Guy, Oct 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr. Nice Guy

Mr. Nice Guy Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    Eric
  2. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Nice pics. I do miss that time of the year up there (Lived in MA & ME for 40 years) but it does mean the winter is comming and I certainly don't miss that. Enjoy your remaining drives before the snow comes.

3. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Went out for a drive today, top down, sun shining - perfect. No particular destination just taking my 2 favorite girls out for a drive (wife and Roxanne - 328 GTS) :)

Fall in NY is very colorful. One problem is, I keep forgetting to bring my camera for the photo ops.

Beautiful pics.

Is that a smoked glass top on the GTS? Where did you get that, it looks great.

4. Mr. Nice Guy

Apr 11, 2007
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for the kind words!

It's called a Saratoga top - they're pretty rare (only 1,000 or so made, if I understand correctly)... it's really nice as it opens up the cockpit w/o having the top off.

5. SoCal308GTSiQV

SoCal308GTSiQV Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Beautiful Car. 308's look so good in black. Nice pics

6. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    great pics, great car, great area.

7. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    #7 308 GTB, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Saratoga tops look great on all cars they were manufactured for. They do "open up the cockpit" a bit. It would be nice if an aftermarket parts company put these back into production. I remember someone in the Southwest making them, on a limited basis, a few years back and offering them for sale on his website.

9. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Where in NH (if I may ask)? I used to spend summers at my grandmother's cottage on Lake Winnipesaukee. Love the area up there - wish I could have been up there when I had my 308.... (sigh....)

gp

10. Mr. Nice Guy

Apr 11, 2007
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm in southern NH - down near Salem,NH

11. GTVeloce

GTVeloce Karting

Jul 19, 2009
    Kauai Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    #11 GTVeloce, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    Supprised, but I like the gold wheels on the red car. Very sharp! Is it lowered a bit?
    I just had another look and now I know why it's so nice; it's a GTB!

12. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    Mr Nice Guy is being bashful - he's a regular in our group and he had just finished a number of "308" prjects on his car. Talented mechanic, craftsman to the core. Not bad with a camera either. I'll let him take it from here if he want's to add anything.

13. Mr. Nice Guy

Apr 11, 2007
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #13 Mr. Nice Guy, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Aww shucks - thanks for the kind words, Rich! :)

As for the projects - they were an early 30k service (car has 26k on it now)... full belts, cam seals, valve shims,... then the typical "while I'm in there disease got me" - so, I replaced all the engine compartment hoses, fuel hoses, and then powdercoated the cam covers, belt covers, gooseneck, a/c brackets, and the belt tensioner assemblies. There were lots and lots of hours spent just cleaning (PO apparently had an oil leak of epic proportions at one point and never bothered to clean it up... and it took me 4 years to finally get to it myself!)

Here are a couple of pics of the project (in progress) - I'll have to get a couple of the finished project for you guys later :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login