F355 replace front lights with fixed units? Ever done? | FerrariChat

F355 replace front lights with fixed units? Ever done?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Cavallino Motors, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Have you ever seen some kit that wiull get away with the pop-ups to have them fixed?

I am asking for my Challenge car which does not presently have lights in them. I took the car out yesterday for the first time to the office and worked till late only to find out.....empty lights, not even the motors :(

2. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Yes Martin, MANY 348 and 355 Challenge cars have no headlights (often with the covers tack-welded shut). That's one of the first things I checked on when I bought my 348C, since I intended to drive it to and from the track. Have you noticed Jeff Ippoliti's trick 355? As I recall, it has fixed lights beneath plexi covers in those carbon-fiber front fenders- maybe he could fill you in.

3. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Martin,

Ira is correct Jeff's car has fixed headlights. Also talk with Shelton. A few years back they did a custom 355 Spyder which was featured in Car and Driver which had custom Xenon fixed headlights.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

4. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Good point, Jon. I'd forgotten about that Shelton 355 Spider in C&D, but you're right; it too had fixed lights.

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Thanks guys, I forgot about Jeffs car as well.

I guess that is pretty much along the line of =what I was thinking about. Although I hoiped for a redy pop in solution.

I believe mine are welded as well. Could not really find the muse yesterday after a 10h flight and several hours at the office to go and check.

Martin

6. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ
    I too have thought about this and would love to see pictures of this.