Where to sell my 550? | FerrariChat

Where to sell my 550?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Jsuit, Oct 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jsuit

Jsuit Formula 3

Jul 12, 2005
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    John
    I posted this in the 550 section also.

I posted my 550 with Fiorano package here at Ferrari ads, but was curious where you guys think would be good. If you have thought on pricing, I'd love to hear it.

It is a Euro with docs. I have the DOT paperwork and service records going pack to the orrig receipt in Europe.

All books, Keys, tools

It has 29k miles
    Black on Black with Gray piping
    Full Factory Fiorano Package
    250 GTE Shelf
    Carbon Fiber
    New leather (Dash and seats)
    Integrated Valentine One Mirror
    McIntosh Audio

The car is listed to $84k is this the right price? (serious answers only please).

Where else should I post it?

Cars.com
    FML.com
    ?

2. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    How about Michael Sheehan? Bryan just listed his 365 there.

I did Bryan's photoshoot to Michael Sheehan's very exacting standards. I sent the photos is and they had difficulty with the raw images. Guess who called me back? Carbon (NNO) of all people. He now works for Mr Sheehan.

regards

ken

3. Jsuit

Jsuit Formula 3

Jul 12, 2005
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    John
    What is the best way to get started with Michael?

4. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser

[email protected]

5. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    I thought about selling my car but then realized how much I liked it and changed my mind... PM sent.

6. Jsuit

Jsuit Formula 3

Jul 12, 2005
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    John
    My worst case Scenario is I sell my awesome 550, and the 575 HGTC I'm after get's sold. I can't afford to have both, so we'll see how it goes.

7. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Can you trade it for the 575??

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

John,

I know we've all been around the block on these for price. I shopped for a 550 about 6 months ago so I have some fairly recent experience.

Your car is fantastic looking, well maintained, I'm sure, but $84K for a Euro car is just too much money. US cars are maybe in the $80's, Euros, even great ones, are bound to be selling for less.

I don't know where your car should be, but there's a '97 US car on FerrariAds for ~60K with a fresh major. It's not as attractive a color combo, by far, but the $20K difference seems like a lot for a Euro car to overcome.

I'd suggest, with respect, that your car is probably a $65K car. Maybe a little more, and that at $84K it's gonna sit, and sit, and sit.

Again, I dabbled in the market in the Spring, so my price experience may be a little dated.

Dave M.

9. 4ARI

4ARI Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Northern, VA.
    Full Name:
    Ron S.
    Be sure to check out
    www.ronsusser.com

Mike Sheehan is not the only person who can sell Ferraris although he seems to do it well.
    Ron