PS3 problem. | FerrariChat

PS3 problem.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Fan512bbi, Oct 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I bought an 80 gig PS3 from Game that cost me 388 pounds, yesterday the game i was playing (NFS Shift) froze, i shut down the PS3 then restarted it but none of my games or blue ray disc's will load anymore :( i tried to reformat it, that took nearly five hours but it was still the same.

I did a bit of research on the net and came to the conclusion that the blue ray laser had packed up, this morning i went to Game to see if they would do anything? but because the warranty had expired (by only 11 days) they basically did want to help me except offer me a repair for 150 pounds.

I cant believe they can sell me something for nearly 400 pounds and not help me a year later when it packs in, i also pointed out that i had bought 14 games there in the last year at a cost on average of 40 pounds each but still they would not back down, what a great way to keep a loyal customer :(

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Did you try resetting it. I'm sure you know but, Hold down the Power and Eject button until it beeps or the light blinks.

My PS3 won't work with the AV cables, only HDMI, not that bad, but I don't play it anymore. Just gave it to my cousin to play. :D

If you can access the main screen (whatever that is called, XBM or something) try using downloading the Firmware again, or use a older one from online, put it on a USB and try loading it that way. Not too sure, you might just be out that money. Sorry to hear. Hope you get it fixed.

3. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
  4. AHMTHSSN

AHMTHSSN Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    AH
    Hi,

Watchdog on BBC1 had a feature on the PS3 not that long ago, something about "the yellow light of death"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/09/playstation3_and_the_yellow_li.html

Hope it may be of some use to you.

AH

5. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Thanks mate, i have tried that with no luck.
    Great article mate, so judging by that it is Sony i should get in touch with?
    Mine is not the same problem, i can access everything including the net, it is only the disc's that don't work.

6. 8-Ball

8-Ball Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2006
    Sussex
    Full Name:
    Adam
    As I read it (and have always understood it) you should be dealing with the retailer (Game); however it's now down to you to prove that there is something wrong with the PS3.

7. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Thanks mate, well here is some good news :) i have just got off the phone from Sony's customer care and they are sending a courier to pick up my PS3 tomorrow, they will either repair it or replace it all free of charge, this is a great service from them considering the warranty has expired.

8. 8-Ball

8-Ball Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2006
    Sussex
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Cool. I was just coming back to edit and say it maybe worth contacting Sony anyway as they'll probably be a bit more customer focused.

9. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Thanks again mate, i will be going into Game tomorrow and hand them back my loyalty card and also inform them that the PS3 slim that i am buying my daughter for Christmas will now be bought elsewhere together with the games she is interested in.

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Wait until you get the unit back in hand or replaced before getting cocky.

11. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I suppose you may have a point, but the customer care guy from Sony was sincere in his approach where as the manager from the store where i bought it could not give a **** about a loyal customer, i have nothing to lose by telling them what i think about their attitude.

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Translation: Nobody messes with Steve, The Red Dragon.

13. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    LOL :D only the wife mate.