Drove the Scuderia at Maranello and the surrounding mountains yesterday | FerrariChat

Drove the Scuderia at Maranello and the surrounding mountains yesterday

Discussion in '360/430' started by ferrariformulauno, Oct 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariformulauno

ferrariformulauno Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    #1 ferrariformulauno, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So yesterday I drove the Scud missile on the street with a navigator in and around the city of maranello. The car is just sick! I love it was able to get it to 230KPH and kicked in the ABS a few times.

I just can't believe how it sounds and how fast it shifts in Sport mode. Insane fast.

I was able to rent the car outside of the Ferrari Galleria Museo for one hour for $360 euro, well worth the price. Plus I got a video of the 1 hour drive, very cool.

One thing I did notice was that if I did not shift the trans would shift for me but I don't remember the car every redlining. Is this the case?

I think most of my shifts were 7K or so, did not really look down too much. The shifts are brutal, really a stiff pop. I never driven anything that fast. The car felt lite on the steering and was very easy to turn in. Did not do anything to approach the limits of cornering though it felt pretty neutral...

One the way down the mountain I saw a blue 458 with a test driver broken down on the side of the road! Could not stop though, had to get my 1 hour in.

If this car is faster than the ENZO then I feel pretty good having driven one of the baddest Supercars Ferrari's ever made.

Well worth the Euro's!
    Andre
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Sounds like a great experience to have in Ferrari country! Video unlike the car; you can take home with you. I like the first picture in front of WARM-UP MARANELLO the model car store right?
    CH

3. ferrariformulauno

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Right in front of the museum, its a nice shop too, tons of Ferrari stuff.
    The video was okay is was bright and I was mostly drive west bound for about half hour, I wish they had a better camera. You hear a lot of engine noise thats for sure.

Will post it on youtube once I edit it down a bit.
    Andre

4. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    Hey Andre - I hope you enjoyed the drive. It's a phenomenal car. Was your car in automatic mode when it shifted?

5. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm guessing the car was in auto mode. That's my one beef with the car (very minor) is that you have to take it out of auto mode every time you start the motor.

6. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    I've got a Scuderia and it goes to manual the second you change gears with the paddles.

7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    your navigator has been featured at least in one magazine. I can't remember his name or significance... he might be a big deal... or not...

8. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Yes the Scuderia is "sick". Imagine how lucky I feel that I get to drive one every day :)

9. ferrariformulauno

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    My navigator was Stefano Pepi Giulani, he is from my local home town here in Zola Predosa. He used to work for Ferrari for 5 years with the Corsi Clienti department and their challenge cars.
    He had some great stories and I've connected with him on Facebook. Maybe he can get me in the door at Ferrari?

I don't know if it was in the automatic mode or not, 95% of the time I did the shifting a couple of times the car shifted for me, but like I said I don't think I every really redlined the car.
    The sound was insane though!

Stefano was telling me about a customer who rented the 430 spyder, some brazillian woman that drove the car with the stereo cranked up at about 40KPH for the entire time!

Needless to say I didn't even consider the stereo, I was to busy driving!

It's ridiculous that the cops don't even care to much here about the way these cars are driven on the street. I would been pulled over 10 minutes into the drive back home!!

I could not even imagine driving the Scud everyday. Now I know why it's called the MISSILE....

Andre

10. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Very cool, and I'd say definitely worth the cost of admission! I'll be in Italy in a week or so, hopefully I'll have time to check this out.

11. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great experience! Not a bad price either. The police dont care much about speeding, but there are a lot of traffic cameras on the highways that will get ya. I think I have even passed a police car with lights on before..

12. ferrariformulauno

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    That's one benefit of having Stefano as a co-pilot he knew exactly where each camera was...
    he was so laid back-just drive and I did that!

If you're around Maranello well worth it, they will rent it out in 10min,20min,30min increments as well...but go for 1 hour.

Andre

13. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Uh huh. I guess that will save time, thanks.

14. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    Jon , how lazy? You're just a press of a button away to engage full manual.

15. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    The reason I brought it up is that it's not supposed to automatically shift once manual is engaged. Imagine the time I could save if I could just train myself to not hit the auto button to shut it off..

16. Scardina

Scardina Rookie

Oct 29, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Hope you enjoyed it, that is one beautiful machine.

17. ferrariformulauno

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    I did and will do it again next time I am here! Wish I was friends with someone in Austin, that had one....
    Ciao
    Andre

18. herragge

herragge Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Alberta
    That seems like a fabulous experience! I did not know such an option existed in the Maranello area. If I ever make my way to Italy that seems like a reasonable fee to pay for the experience itself. I love how the test driver is adorned in everything red and Ferrari. Gotta rep the brand lifestyle haha. Thanks for sharing!

19. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Funny. The first thing I do after starting the car is turn off "auto". I just feel it should (a) not exist at all on this car, like the CS. (b) If it has to exist it should always be off and you should have to turn it on. Rant over. :)

20. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    It was put it there, from my understanding, to meet gov't fuel economy standards. You'd be in 6th gear by the time you reach 60 miles per hour. I'll never know.

21. Hex

Hex Karting

May 1, 2009
    Its funny, everytime I take off from the garage, the car usually gets in one shift automatically before I click the paddle and take charge myself. Its a little dance we go through like taking a plane off autopilot. Anyway, I agree with Jon in tha I want full contol of the car immediately.

22. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Sounds like a happy driving experience! I believe most Ferraris will make drivers smiling everytime on boarding.

Cool,

23. TDW

TDW Rookie

Jan 29, 2009
    does the company have a website where I can make reservations?

24. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    How does one go about setting up a driving time?

25. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    same here :) Funny.