FOTA and the "New" teams.. | FerrariChat

FOTA and the "New" teams..

Discussion in 'F1' started by jknight, Oct 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    One one of the three new teams has added it's logo to FOTA....

Carol

f1 live

The logo of an 11th member has been added to the official website of the Formula One Teams Association (FOTA).

USF1 sporting director Peter Windsor confirmed last month that the new American outfit had joined FOTA, and reports said Manor and Lotus would also shortly sign up.

But only the silver logo of the new Spanish outfit Campos-Meta has been added to the FOTA website and official stationary, appearing alongside the ten teams on the 2009 grid.

FOTA, having said recently that all new teams would be eligible to join, did not immediately return requests for comment.

2. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    You'd have thought they would have some sort of a welcome message for Campos-Meta posted on their site rather than just add their logo, wouldn't you?.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #3 tifosi12, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    Interesting little factoid. Thanks Carol.

4. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    USF1 mentioned on the"Working Groups" page though.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Doesn't surprise me at all. Campos has been racing single seaters for years now, it won't surprise me 1 single bit if they are the only new team to make it on the grid next year.

6. ms.gto

ms.gto Formula Junior

May 17, 2008
    Mornington Peninsula
    Full Name:
    andrew tregurtha
    Still shows Sauber too. Being a FOTA member is no ticket to race,it seems

7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I think you're right on this one.

Carol

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Ditto, although I hope I'm wrong.

9. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I just wish they'd quit P***Y footing around and either say yes or no then Peter Sauber can get back in, his frustration with the entire situation is most definitely understandable!

Carol

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Of course I'd love to see Sauber-Ferrari on the grid and I have a weak spot for the team, having grown up in the neighbouring town.

That said however, the current situation is primarily BMW's fault: They accepted Sauber's deal too late when the FIA sign-up window had already closed. I understand Sauber's frustrations, but such is life.

I also understand William's point of view. They're in this to win races and not to be nice to Sauber.

What really needs to happen is the FIA taking a good look at the new 3 teams and weed out what is not for real.

11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I wonder whatever happened to the Super Aguri cars? Might we see those again? After all, we're talking pure backmarker here.

12. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    At least Campos are inviting applications for various team positions on their sparse website.

Lotus have hired several high profile people from F1. Pics of a car in the wind tunnel as well.

Ever look at Force India's, that's pretty neat.

There should be a LOT of people in the USF1 facility, after all, they're producing their own documentary series in HD according to Mr U-Toob.

13. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    some of those positions at Campos were pretty neat sounding......I'd like a position like a friend from the UK has - she's a driver manager/has done F1 hospitality/Michelin hospitality/worked with Audi Sport NA here and at LeMans/worked on the Porsche GT1 project/car, did timing, etc. with the car when it raced.......oh well...

Carol

14. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Should we contact Chad H about this? After all, he said:

I think Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are the cornerstones of any social media strategy. It's basically using your website to notify your fan base of what you're doing, and in a way, allowing them to notify you of what they're enjoying. We really will be soliciting feedback to incorporate that throughout the season. We're working on lots of ways to engage with our fans, but it's primarily about interaction and communication. It's a two-way dialogue. Too many times people look at these new tools as still a one-way street. It's still about pushing them to the fan base, rather than looking at it the other way around. We really want to create a two-way dialogue with what we're doing at US F1. Hopefully, it'll be appealing to the U.S. market, but we're not necessarily approaching it that way. We're trying to celebrate technology and hopefully American drivers. I really want this to be a global platform. It's not about taking the U.S. to Formula One or Formula One to the U.S. It's about a global platform that celebrates the global nature of the sport and the business and technology

15. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    And they didn't turn upthis week?

16. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Just too funny!

Having been the recipient of more years of this kind of stupid, conflicted, amateurish, PR BLATHER than I care to remember, this kind of twaddle wouldn't even qualify for "free lunch" pitch.....

Tritone