Speaking of side mirrors | FerrariChat

Speaking of side mirrors

Discussion in '308/328' started by AZDoug, Oct 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    My 308 has the original Calfornian LH mirror it came with, no passenger side mirror.

Over the years I have gotten used to passenger side mirrors and kind of miss one on this car.

Were these RH mirrors offered as options in 1979? I used to see some cars with RH pass side mirrors back in the day.

Superperformance has LH and RH Californian (or repops maybe) available.

Also, even though I cleaned up the mirror and glass on the interior rear view mirror, the silver on the mirror back is deteriorating, it this just a trip to a glass and mirror store with the old mirror for a template?

Doug

2. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    Just in case you haven't already found this: http://www.talbotco.com/
    Might be cheaper/easier to buy a new pair. Also interesting that they have a convex passenger side mirror.

3. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    I bought my RH California mirror from Ferrari UK. You need to look in the Australian (RHD) parts book to find the correct part number.

4. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    #4 Hans, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    They are a LOT cheaper at Pegasus racing:

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=1550

$58 a piece. Hardly worth NOT replacing them, I'd say...

Edit: what do you know, 10 seconds after I put this URL on, they shut down their web site for maintenance. I'm sure it will be back up in short order.

Bottom line: they have both lefthand and righthand models, cost $ 58.99 each.

Hans