F430 Motor Mod's: 07' 430 Spider | FerrariChat

F430 Motor Mod's: 07' 430 Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by cortwagner, Oct 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cortwagner

cortwagner Karting

Aug 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I just finished having a pair of Fabspeed headers installed, along with the Fabspeed carbon air boxes and BMC Filters. I retained the stock secondary cat's, as I drive the car a bunch, and did not want it to be too loud. The UCU's were also sent to EVOMS for a specific file for this motor with headers. I alreday had the new Tubi Evo style exhaust in the car for while (with valves)....

All I can say is WOW, the car really woke up, 2nd gear rolling , and nailing the throttle, it will light the wheels up, feels quicker then the Scud coup I owned, for sure.

It pulls VERY strong up top too, reminds me of the 430 GT car I drove at Daytona in the 24 Hour this year where the thing just never ran out of rev's and speed on the top end....really impressive for sure.

I am trying ot find a 16m to do some rolling start races with just to compare, I am very curious to see wher it stack's up (not literatlly), lol.

Thanks Jeremy at Fabspeed for the amazing craftsmanship of the headers and air boxes, and thanks Todd at EVOMS, as the thing just riiiippps through gears.

2. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    Cort, it is good to know of a great driver enjoying a nice car.

I have been told that with custom headers, high flow cats and a custom exhaust system, plus ECU tuning and higher redline, the 430 can gain close to 40 rwhp, that's around a 10% increase in power.

Todd at EvoMS is doing magic with the F430 ECU.

How is the sound ?

3. Alex@fabspeed

Alex@fabspeed Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA

Cort,

I knew you would be happy with the route you decided to take : ) with our headers, carbon fiber intake covers w/BMC's and the custom tune from EVOMS it really wakes up that car!

Now we gotta find a 16M for the rolling start videos!!

Thanks for all the kind words....It was a pleasure assisting you with the mods on the car. Get up some pics and video now!!

4. cortwagner

cortwagner Karting

Aug 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Sound is good, louder for sure with a bit higher pitch, I am happy I have valves though, because at higher rev's when the valves open there is no hiding, I would say it is now Scud. loud.

5. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

Interesting mods to your 430...how have they be performing todate? Any check engine lights?

What kind of HP and torque numbers are they pulling with the Scud, assuming they do not need to replace the air boxes and the headers because they are upgraded from the stock 430?

6. CSISNEXT

CSISNEXT Karting

Dec 19, 2007
    congrats! try to post a sound clip when you get a chance!
    Quick question: any problems with CEL after the mods you wrote about? I've been itching to do "something" like what you describe, but really don't want to deal with the false CEL's.
    Thanks

7. Alex@fabspeed

Alex@fabspeed Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    Here are 2 threads you can take a look at of a previous customer who installed the same mods. You will have no CEL issues with these mods.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276401&highlight=myphillylawyer

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279113&highlight=myphillylawyer

8. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    I have a Scud as well. Looking at your web site I see that the ECU brings 21 HP...is that rear wheel HP? That means the Scud would be around 530 HP... thats about 30 HP less then the new Italia, not bad!! Do you also have a dyno chart on the Scuderia/ 16 M, would love the see the before and after results like what was done on the 430?

9. psw

psw Formula 3

Nov 17, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Did you end up being able to run against a 16M, very interested to hear real world opinions & results for these mods, I have a Scuderia & thinking of similar changes.