Dating Dilemma | FerrariChat

Dating Dilemma

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by wingfeather, Nov 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    #1 wingfeather, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    If any group knows women, it's my Ferrari brothers (and sisters?). I throw myself at the mercy of the forum. Hear my case:

Okay, so I have been admiring a woman from a distance through Myspace. We'll call her Girl #1. We have sent a few messages to each other, but nothing serious just fun/flirting. No real connection other than that.

So we finally met in person... her & her friends. Decent group of people for sure.Here is the catch: one of her friends is 100% hotter & more compatible. While Girl #1 seems okay, there wasn't a strong connection. I could probably work on that? But after Girl #1 left the party, her friend & I stayed and seemed to really hit it off!

So is there any way to make the leap? Or is this the classic "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" lesson? Girl #1 may feel like her friends betrayed her if I switched (creating waves which would surely end everything), or her friend may feel that I am a player if I formally announce my interest in her (again, ending everything). UGH :( Any advice is appreciated. I could probably be happy with girl #1, but might regret not taking any opportunity (if it exists) for the better model.

PS - I am not a player and definitely not trying to use both women.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Pics or it didn't happen.

-

On a more serious note...Go with the girl you like the most. You seem more interested in #2 but you just don't want to hurt #1s feelings...**** happens and she has to understand it!

I do want pics though, since you posted on the internet its an unwritten rule you now have to post it;).

3. joba

joba Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    NY
    BOTH . You single guys have some problems. Im just jealous.

4. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    If you are always looking for the next one better you will never be happy. On the other hand settling for someone you are blah about also is cheating yourself out of a better opportunity. I know this doesn't help...

The unknown from the original post is how into you Girl 1 seems to be. If she really likes you, as you know this could be trouble if you actually like Girl 2. If she feels the same way about you as you do about her, it might turn out OK as long as she thinks ending whatever you have started is her idea.

You might want to consider a Girl 3, or look at a girl's Myspace friends first.

5. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
  6. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    myspace... hahahaha

7. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Internet stalking at its best eh ;) Haha this is by far the best suggestion!

8. Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9
    Go with girl #2 because you like her more. Explain to her that you dont want to be breaking friends apart but you feel a strong connection with her and would like to see where it goes... If for some strange reason a fight between the 2 occurs and it goes down the ****er, than look at the bright side, still 2 999 999 998 left on this planet for you.

9. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Wait wait, switched?! It wasn't a relationship in the first place. Girls are teases. Dead serious with that, giant flirts which may have the biggest personalities and it comes off that they like you, but they are like that with everyone.

Don't do anything now, just let it flow for a week or two and see where it goes from there.

10. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    You never really hit it off with girl #1, she is a friend. Girl #2 and you hit if off well. If girl #1 left, she kinda gave the go for you and girl #2 imho or else girl #1 would be 'possessive' and have hung around to 'keep' you.

IMHO: Hotness comes and goes, personality and 'chemistry' lasts longer....

11. Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9
    haha i really like that you said longer instead of forever. this is very true

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Just keep working #2. I wouldn't offer any apologies or excuses just ask out #2 and see where that goes? If asked just say you didn't feel the chemistry. Good luck with it.

13. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Why have just one? :)

14. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Girl # 2 was just flirting with you to get back at her friend (girl #1). I know it seemed like the chemistry was natural but my guess is that girl #2 turned up the charm just for the purpose of ruining girl #1's internet guy for her.

If you still want to take the plunge just let the potential romantic relationship with #1 dissolve by your lack of interest and then make your move with #2. If you think #2 may be a keeper the way you handle (get rid of) #1 will affect the health of your relationship with #2 should it materialize.

Don't even think about settling for #1.

15. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Go for #2..... It doesn't seem that your heart is in it for #1. Further, it was the first time you met her.

Though, I bet #1 isn't going to think she was too smart inviting #2.

16. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Not sure I see your dilemma other than not wanting to hurt girl #1's feelings. But after all, you just met for the first time to see if you were compatible. I hate to say this but man up.

17. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    and wait and see if girl2 is just playing on girl1 or is really there on day2.

life's short, you don't owe either of 'em anything at this point. You know they're doing the same to multiple guys, and not having to go check with an internet forum to see if they need to answer your im

18. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #18 WILLIAM H, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    Go w Girl 2, if there is no connection w #1 then forget her

Chances are if you hook up w G2, G1 will become more interested in you :)

Just focus on G2, dont mention G1

Make sure you follow this rule "Always leave them wanting more" Give her some time but take off just before she wants to

True, you had nothing w G1 so dont dwell on. You may have something w G2 so go with that. Just dont compliment her too much before you bang her. Chicks need to earn compliments, dates, dinner etc ;)

19. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Why not ? I would ;)

20. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    i've seen WH's gals.... he can pick the REALLY nice ones too!

21. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    I would continue to meet in the same fashion a few more times. When we first meet people we are on our best behavior, with time that wears off.

Your opinion may change in 3-4 weeks.

22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    This thread is seriously lacking pics!

23. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    LOL, just remember rule # 1

ALL CHICKS ARE PSYCHO !!!!!!!!!

24. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    i thought RULE #1 was bros before hoes?

Then RULE #2 all chicks are psycho.

25. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    WH has it down, so to speak, but seems to be one of those rare birds that can pull it off and get away with it.

I more or less "got my share" in my 20's, but ended up gratefully married before 30, and have been so ever since. O

One at a time is fine, thanks.