Registering a Vehicle bought from Cats Exotics | FerrariChat

Registering a Vehicle bought from Cats Exotics

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by ShawnLambo, Nov 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShawnLambo

ShawnLambo Rookie

Jun 19, 2007
    St Charles, IL
    I'm an Illinois resident and I just bought another lambo from Cats Exotics today and should take delivery of it next week. I don't have a loan on it, and it's the first car I bought from an out of state dealer without a lienholder. So how do I register the car in Illinois?

Do I just bring the purchase order, insurance card and a checkbook to pay the taxes and fees to the DMV? Or do I need to bring anything else? Anyone know?

2. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    #2 JohnnyS, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
    You should have a signed title as well. The title is signed over to you, showing you bought the car from the title holder (owner of the car). Then you need a sales statement showing the selling price. That will be used for your taxes. When you go in to register/title the car in IL, they will take the old title, charge you taxes and registration fee and issue plates. You will receive a new title in a few weeks. Shouldn't be any problem in IL. Roy knows how this works so he will do it right.

I also meant to say....congrats on the Lambo. What did you buy? Are we going to see it around Chicago or at some events?

3. BDCVG

BDCVG Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2007
    Cincyish
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Kinda off topic but I am interested in the 86 GTB at Cats, How do You rate them as a dealer?

4. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

just go to any currency exchange, the'll have all of the state forms.

5. ShawnLambo

ShawnLambo Rookie

Jun 19, 2007
    St Charles, IL
    Thanks very much guys. The title part is the area I wasn't sure about. But after calling Cats, Kevin said it will be overnighted to them and then overnighted to me. So I should be all set with the title and the bill of sale!

Thanks! It's a '05 Orange Gallardo. What kind of events? :)

This is my 4th transaction with Cats Exotics and they have been great every time. I don't have anything bad to say about them.

Thanks, I didn't know you could do it at the CE.

6. BDCVG

BDCVG Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2007
    Cincyish
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Thanks for the info about Cats.

7. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    We have a great group through the Lambo Chicago Club and are always doing drives shows and events. Prvt message me for details.

8. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    That is great! I hope to see you and the car out driving around. Like SKNKWRX said, the Lamborghini club America is very active in the area and they usually have monthly driving opportunities. I haven't been able to make most of them as I travel. However, they let me tag along in my Ferrari ;) when possible.

9. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    You can also contact any of us through our website:

www.LCAchicago.com

Carla usually has interesting drives a few times each month.

10. ShawnLambo

ShawnLambo Rookie

Jun 19, 2007
    St Charles, IL
    Thanks for the help everyone. And the meets sound fun.

I took delivery of the car tonight!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow I'll get the title from Fedex and then go to the currency exchange (I hope they do plates on Veterans Day!) and get the plates so I drive it!!

11. autowerks racing

Jul 16, 2008
    Congrats on your purchase. I have a soft spot for orange G's. I look forward to seeing you and the car Friday