2009 D/FW Toy Run | FerrariChat

2009 D/FW Toy Run

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WDR328, Oct 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    I realise it is a bit early but I would like everyone to mark the 1st Saturday in December on your calendar. This is 1 week earlier than usual but that is because of the group we will deliver the toys to.

This year we will be donating the toys to a group that all of us owe a debt of gratitude. I am still in the very early planning stages and can't give out very much information but believe me you will enjoy what we have planned at the drop spot.

I have had a couple of car clubs contact me already and I am very impressed at their reaction and hopefully contribution. Last year we had over a hundred cars on the run and this year I would like to see 125+

I will continue to update as things fall into place. All of the people who live on the western side of the metroplex will have no excuse for not showing up at this run.

Remember please mark your calendar December 5th the 5th annual DFW Toy Run.

See all of you there.

2. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    I'm IN!!!!!

This was the most fun last year, I highly recommend it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted, Don.

3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Done! It's never too early to start planning a drive.

Please let me know if you need anything.

Steve

4. zweebach

zweebach Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Excellent! I was worried about which day it would be, but I'll be there on the 5th! Thanks for the work you do organizing this.

5. lotusdude

lotusdude Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    Fort Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Jake Miller
    sucks i dont live in dfw, that was an awesome run last year. Don just make sure the porsche guys look out for camrys.

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Bummer. Tentatively scheduled to be out of town that weekend.

7. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Carolyn and I loaded up the non-Ferrari badged Mazda and took off looking for roads to run. We found some good ones and some bad ones but mostly what we found (we were working on the end of the run) was the encroachment of housing developments!

However we did find some interesting twisties that we will try to incorporate into the run.

I am meeting with some people this week to work out a couple of details if everything works out as planned then I will make a post about Wednesday so that you all will know what to expect from this years run. I can tell you that the presentation at the drop spot is astounding and I may have signed up some additional neat aspects that you will get to see.

Again I am looking for 125+ cars on this years run and I am sure that we will get that number. Currently there is support from the Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche dealers. The Italian Car Club of the Southwest,and the Pantera club. I am working on the Porsche club, the BMW owners and the Merecedes owners.

If anyone knows of a club please contact me or tell them about the run and have them contact me. I need all the help I can get in contacting the various clubs and owners so if anyone knows of a contact please get a hold of me. Thanks in advance to all of you-we really need to make this one a big event.

My contact is [email protected] or you can call me at 469.235.5639.

8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Just posted some info on Metroplex Minis, btw you can count on me helping out.

9. lotusdude

lotusdude Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    Fort Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Jake Miller
    hey don, dont know what the distance restraints are for your run, but if you want a great drivers run and not some kind of show off ride then your gonna have to take it west of fort worth. grandbury stephenville area even out to mingus for some truly great roads. At good speeds it doesnt take long to make a trip. Just found out that I will be in that weekend and since my 355 is in pieces I will hitch a ride with some pcar buddies in the area. Trying to get one of my old skydiving buddies to bring out his new beast for the run, which is a 1000+hp z06 which I think he just finished up the twin turbo mod. look forward to catching back up,
    -Jake
    still stuck in houston

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Awesome, the 1st time I can actually attend the Toy Run because 2nd split of duck season isn't until the 12th. Thanks for moving up a week Don. :)

11. stewf

stewf Karting

Dec 5, 2005
    Lewisville/N. Cali
    Full Name:
    Stew F
    I might just have to come back to town for this event, of course the only car I'll have is my LeMons car. I guess I could ride my bike if it's still around....

12. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Thanks, Will. The more cars the better.

13. P3+J3^u!

P3+J3^u! Karting

Apr 2, 2008
    Mockingbird Ln
    I'll be there. Is the starting point RUF again?

14. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    As most of you know for the last 3 years we have done the toy donation with a local fire department. They usually have a very good pulse on the community and they can then donate the toys.
    In spite of the fact we had a huge turn out last year I kind of thought the fire department aspect was getting a bit 'long in the tooth'. So this year I am shifting gears completely.
    For three months I have been trying to figure out how to pull off a toy run for a particular group and as our reward we could get to do a nice run and see some really neat stuff.

Two months ago I hit the jackpot! A client of mine introduced me to a person who knew a person that thought they could help. The person that I was introduced to is amazing. I have talked to her on the phone multiple times and she has been a master of working through the maze that this institution puts up. I have had to get clearance from not only the local 'big wigs' but also from Austin and beyond to pull this deal off. It would not have been possible without Christine G.s help.

If you are an aviation buff you will want to make this run, because if you have not figured it out already we will be on a Military Base! The facility that we will be at has an acre plus of parking for our cars-when lined up in a semi-circle. The demonstration that the guys will give us is interactive so you are going to be on/in a machine with the actual crew that operates it.

I am still working out some details with Christine but there are a couple of other 'deals' we are trying to make work. One request that they had was-would it be possible for the some of the guys to get a ride in the cars and I said I did not think this was a problem. So if you think you might want to give a soldier a ride in your car plan on doing so. The details of this are currently being worked out.

I hope this has tweaked your interest in participating. Please tell all of your friends that might be interested I would like to see 125+ cars and the guys would love to see everything we bring.

15. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    I am going to start a list of people that have said that they will be attending;
    Don & Carolyn
    Frank Sprow
    TR Scotty
    'the othe William H'
    Jake Miller
    Rob Lay
    Stew F.
    Steve F.
    Mike Khun
    Brian Ratcliff

16. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Damn It.

This is ONE weekend I have 3 things going. Every other weekend is completely free.

Damn It.

17. DRG13

DRG13 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    I'm in again (Orange GT3RS) Dan Garringer

18. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    Would this ride perhaps be on a closed runway of said military base at escape velocity?

19. BoardwalkFerrari

Sponsor

May 1, 2009
    Plano, Texas USA
    Full Name:
    Boardwalk Ferrari
    We will be attending as well, thank you for doing this toy run. Not only a good day to get the cars out, but also for the kiddo's.

BWF

20. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    that's what i like about BoardwalKFerrari is helping out.y'all are cool.

21. Indypits

Indypits Karting

Jun 1, 2005
    TX
    Full Name:
    Carolyn
    #21 Indypits, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    Will be thinking of everyone this year, wish we were back in TX for this..

23. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose

24. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    If I admitted to that I would be in violation of a top secret clause!:) Remember flight lines are always closed to all but aviation traffic.

25. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Too bad, Jim. You are going to miss a heck of a show and a great time.