1985 308qv for sale in Denver | FerrariChat

1985 308qv for sale in Denver

Discussion in '308/328' started by irondogmike, Nov 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    #1 irondogmike, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    I notice this car was sold already,and who ever bought it hope they did their homework. I found on wades site that the car was up for sale back in 2006(may),and back then they stated it had 36k milkes and a belt service done, in the ferrari ads,it has just 500 more miles and states it had a belt service done again,I would sure check this out,sounds too fishy. maybe the belt service was done three years ago with only 500 miles,not much use there?????????????? The vin #53203,check it out,love the color though
    www.308qvregister.com

2. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    Fishy perhaps, but a car is a lot more saleable with fresh belts. Belts are cheap and a lot of people equate new belts with a major service, so I think there is a much larger perception of value.

3. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Just shooting from the hip here but I think FoD has a tendency to do belt services to the cars they sell. It keeps the techs busy and makes the cars easier to sell.

Nothing fishy IMO, just smart on their part. If there are printed records showing the work then that settles it. Otherwise FoD is committing fraud which I seriously doubt they are doing.

-F

4. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    what I see is they saw there 500 miles since the belt sercive which is 3 years ago,it leads to you to think they just did it and thats not the fact,in the ad they say 500 miles since belts they didn't say when,so if you go on wades site they were selling the car in 2006 stating a belt service was done and there were 500 miles on the car since at 36k miles,and in the photo on ferrari ads the miles on the clock are not that much more,did someone store the car for 3 years and not drive it? I'm not knocking FOD,but I'll be careful,I would've got a ppi from someone else,I saw a car from FOGa that said belts were done and when the machanic got into the car it had oem factory belts and never was done