Monthly Atlanta Area Events | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Monthly Atlanta Area Events

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by kaamacat, Feb 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    #26 parkerfe, May 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
    Don't you live in that area? If so, pick a place, schedule an outing and post a notice on FChat and see who shows up. That's all I did with the first Giovanni's cruise in...that took off with others taking over moving it onto the Starbucks at Exit13 and Sugos, ect...Is that Speedzone in Kennesaw still open? I remember it being used as a cruise-in destination for several events, although that was over a decade ago...

2. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Latest updates

1st Sat
    1st Sun - Avenues C&O (8am-11am)

2nd Sat - Potenza On Peachtree (9am-11am) ..... Normans' Landing (3pm-Dinner+)
    2nd Sun

3rd Sat - Sugo (3pm-Dinner+)
    3rd Sun

4th Sat - LLSE Monthy Drive (9am-4pm) ..... Flashback Motorworks Car Show (11am-4pm)
    4th Sun -

*Every Saturday - Donut Derelicts (Chamblee 8am-11am)

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Unfortunately it closed a number of years ago, and if you look from I-75 as you go by, you can see that Mother Nature is reclaiming her property.

4. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    So are we calling the 23rd of this month the 3rd or 4th Sat?

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Brian, I think that it is what it is -- the 4th Saturday.

6. MickOpalak

MickOpalak Karting

May 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mick Opalak
    Guys,

The Monthly LLSE Mountain drive is this Saturday, leaving from the usual Starbucks off of exit 13 of GA400 at 9 AM. Route to be determined.

Mick

7. notbostrom

notbostrom Formula Junior

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Anything new for mountain drives??? I'm back on the road..

8. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ben, so glad to hear you're back on the road. I'm ready for a drive too!

9. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Glad to hear from you Ben, and glad you are running it through the gears!

Spirited mountain drives at this time of the year are problematic since the roads will be crowded with casual drivers till the end of October. Of course if you are happy just poking along then it is a doable thing. A mid week drive is an option, however the last time I put that idea out for consideration, it did not fly very well.

Ciao,
    George

10. notbostrom

notbostrom Formula Junior

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I can actualy do mid week stuff for the next couple weeks... I live about 5 minutes from SR 60. Maybe a "working lunch" is in order. I think Mike can sneak out during the week once in a while as well...

anyone else?

11. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Just a quick bump. (Is Sugo's still taking place?)

1st Sat
    1st Sun - Avenues C&O (8am-11am)

2nd Sat - Potenza On Peachtree (9am-11am) ..... Normans' Landing (3pm-Dinner+)
    2nd Sun

3rd Sat - Sugo (3pm-Dinner+)
    3rd Sun

4th Sat - LLSE Monthy Drive (9am-4pm)
    4th Sun -

*Every Saturday - Donut Derelicts (Chamblee 8am-11am)

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    We ought to do Sugo, in lieu of any alternate site. But is anyone still going to Norman's Landing?

13. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    is there a millers ale house gathering the 2nd sunday?

14. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte

There is a KewlRides Chillin (12 - 3 PM) at Miller Ale House & Old Home Depot Expo Meet & Greet but it held the 3rd Sunday this month November 15th, come on out and hang for a while..........

15. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    "Every Saturday - Donut Derelicts (Chamblee 8am-11am)"

How can that be? The place finally closed! Does anyone know if the Derelicts moved to a new location?

16. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Good point. I've not been in a while. I also heard "rumor" this week that C&O may be no more?

17. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte

Why would C&O not be held anymore, I have only been to one (out of town on the last couple) but even with the slight drizzle there were some great marquees out there. The idea that such a variation showed up help pushed the kewlrides Chillin idea in Alpharetta (a large gathering on Long Island at Oak Beach Inn" parking lot was the other "model"). I would hate to see that meet & greet be lost very loose gathering and seemed like all that went had a good time.

18. kayakjack

kayakjack Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    Exactly. C&O appears to be a win for everybody. Great place to see an amazing amount and variety of cars. Meet nice people. We probably pay the rent at Panera Bread. I bet they think C&O is a good thing. Who would think pulling the plug is a good thing?

Jack

19. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    There is an Avenues in Cumming and I am not sure about the morning but I remember stopping by Borders with my wife grabbing a couple of coffees and going outside to sit, relax and enjoy the coffee. It was around closing time when the Avenue security guard drove up and told all of us (myself and wife, couple of girls who had just bought some books there and an older coupe) that we have to leave. When asked the guard said we were not suppose to be there after the stores close even if it was to be five or ten minutes to finish the coffee.

I wonder if the complex has decided they do not want the cars there anymore, or are they doing this because the stores will go to an early open time on Sunday for the Holidays. After all it is all about the buck.............

Mark

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    There certainly will be a C&O in December: they were passing around cards reminding us of the date and indicating that they will be doing a "Toys for Tots" collection.

21. www.PanteraPlace.com

Nov 1, 2003
    #46 www.PanteraPlace.com, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    The Atlanta Donut Derelicts group is still alive and well, the Donut Shop just moved to their brand new digs on the other side of the flower shop. Very nice brand new shop with the same great Donuts and coffee. Here’s the link to the event http://www.panteraplace.com/page92.htm

The Atlanta Donut Derelicts started in November of 2000, is believed to be the longest running Saturday AM car meet in Atlanta history.

Mike

22. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    How CAN C+O go away? If Panera bread is open for business, i come to drink the coffee, get a dansih and of course use the bathroom.....it just so hapeesn 300 other people have the same idea.

23. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Mike. Good to hear it is still there! (And you are right. Outstanding donuts!). As for C&O, hey, just happened to see mention of it elsewere.......... althought Panera is probably the only shop (well 99%) that takes the business and with the holidays coming and possible lack of parking, hey who knows. But agreed, can't see any harm.

24. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte

That is great to hear, T4T is one of KewlRides close to the heart charities , we have been doing a T4T collection since 2004 and have gotten so many folks involved with the collection that cannot make the event but talk their business into putting up a collection for the USMC charity.

We love the charity because the benefit is to the local comminuty, if I can make the C&O I will and of course I will bring toys after all you can never give too many toys for the kids...............

25. www.PanteraPlace.com

Nov 1, 2003
    Yes, we are stilling hanging out and there are no parking problems at Donut Derelicts! The High School has offered their parking lot for overflow.