360 CS are priced in the $130's now | FerrariChat

360 CS are priced in the $130's now

Discussion in '360/430' started by gatorgreg, Nov 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
  2. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Not so sure. Ruf auto centre has had that car a couple of months now and its not moving, and they do price cars attractively and move them fast. I suspect there may be a story or two involved, suggesting your $130s prediction may have to come with caveats.

3. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just wait. They are going to be $50k next year!

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    If the car has had regular service and no accidents or bent wheels; what's not to like at 135k? No strange color combo either. It's a Stradale!
    CH

5. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    In my opinion, this configuration is at the bottom of the totem-pole: high mileage, no stripe, no radio/fire extinguisher, leather interior... basically the most poorly optioned Stradale you can find.

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I only agree if your planning to put your CS in a museum.

The whole thing about the CS is weight saving. The less options the better. While leather adds a few pounds the weight is more than saved by not having the extinguisher. No radio, all the better to hear the engine.

High mileage, I dont think its not overly high and basically means its been used which probably means you'll find it has less problems lurking.. Unused cars have more problems...

7. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yes, the extinguisher is sooooo heavy!!! Radio too!

8. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

This 360CS was traded in on a RUF Turbo I believe.

Guy got transfered to China and didnt want to take the CS with him, therefore opted for a PCar.

I spoke to the original owner.........he said the only tick is that the clear bra has a bubble in it.

9. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I never really understood the point of a fire extinguisher. If your car catches on fire do you really want to save it and then have it fixed? It would then be a storied car that smells like smoke.

I say let the thing burn and have insurance replace it with a new one.

Burn baby burn.

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    They have had it for a bit, wondering what is with this car.

11. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    It's a must have if you ever track the car.

G

12. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    True but if you regularly track your car your better off with a proper challenge car or a mildly modified cs.

You can ofcourse do occasional track days and still have great fun. If you get more serious you really need to fit a proper challenge rollcage and proper extinguisher system fully wired into the engine bay, also harnesses and helmet. Even the seats aren't true race seats so you'd be better Fitting proper fixed carbon buckets.

Raced around Nurburgring in Germany in a BMW CSL, a CS, a Modena and the CS felt awesome just out of the box. Modena was a little soft scraping its noise in a few places. CSL was awesome too.

13. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    dang, still about 134K too much... darn housing market!!! :)

14. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Normal depreciation, probably will continue for 10-15 years after the 360 was superceded.

There are over a thousand 360CS's, and with the F430 Scuderia, 16M and now the 458 it's just not the latest or fastest thing out there. OTOH, it will probably hold value better than the other 16,000 (?) 360s.

Kinda doubt that...

15. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    No, it's not to keep the car from burning. It's there to keep YOU from burning if you can't exit the car promptly.

16. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    I believe previous owner is/was an Fchatter.

17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    is anyone really surprised by the CS depreciating? whats the 360 production count, 16,000? more 430s probably? to 99% of the people in the world the 360 and 430 look the same. Imagine if the f40 had a counterpart that looked almost like it and they made 35,000 of them, the f40 wldnt be worth what it is today.

to me the CS is a great friggin car, solid, great sound...but in 10 yrs when 360s are 40K the CS maybe theyll be 80K...there is no way these things become 200K cars again, in my humble opinion. Theyre are just too many 360s and 430s out there that dilute the CS. If the CS was the only production of that line, like the f40, then maybe.

18. brainbizz

brainbizz Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    OK
    I agree that the CS will depreciate but the issue is some people will have to have one period. What I think you will see are both ends of the spectrum. Sure maybe you can pick one up for 80 k eventually but I would be shocked if it was a pristine specimen. Having been in the market it is amazing at all the ones with stories. In the end it is not an investment for me but a toy to be enjoyed. Sure the Scud is a technologically superior car but the CS has that special feel and quality which sets it apart. That feel may be lost on future models. If that is true then who knows where the prices will fall.

19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks like a very nice car and would go well with my 16,600 mile 575M. That is not high mileage for a 2004 car. Barely 3000 miles per year. I am not an alcantara fan either, so like the black leather.

I think the Stradale is the prettiest of all the 360/430 models.

Too bad no money and no garage space. 0 for 2 for me.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

20. DRG13

DRG13 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    RUF CS sold today, my buddy picks it up tomorrow...

21. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    There is a TDF CS on the local Craigs list for 125K! 22K miles. I know the car and it is nice.

22. Gotham Historian

Oct 26, 2009
    Chicago-> CA 7/2011
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's great! What a great looking car with great options (Or Lack of). I would order up a stripe for it.

Once those cars hit $100k or less (my budget), I'm going to pick one up. If the 430 drops below CS prices, then I'll have to reconsider.

23. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Yada yada yada ... when a Stradale gets to $xxx, I'm going to buy one.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that one.

G

24. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    High mileage? 15000 miles on a 5-6 year old car. Yeah they are driving the crap out of it. Almost 2800 miles a year. Thats insane. Dont they know your not supposed to be driving it so much.

25. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    +1