328 Windshield Wiper Spray | FerrariChat

328 Windshield Wiper Spray

Discussion in '308/328' started by chalf87328, Nov 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chalf87328

chalf87328 Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    Houston
    Full Name:
    chalf87328
    I'm hoping for some ideas on how to get my windshield wiper fluid to spray correctly. The driver's side nozzle was spraying, but was misaligned, and the passenger side was not spraying at all. I thought the nozzles and/or small plastic hoses may have been clogged, so I disassembled the nozzles from the tubes, blew into each and could hear the fluid in the resevoir bubbling. When I reassembled the nozzles and realigned them, no spray came from either nozzle. I can hear the pump working, but it's almost as if the pump is no longer primed after I blew in the hoses. I know the driver side nozzle is not clogged, and don't believe the passenger side is either.

Any thoughts or ideas? I'll probably never use the spray, but am trying to get everything on my car working properly regardless.

Thanks in advance

2. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    The little stuff. Great when the car is that well sorted and you can get into it. My "great" suggestion is to aim the jets high. If you point them at the middle of the glass, they are on the low side when the car is moving.

As for the pump itself, I'd try to aspirate some fluid at the jet side with a syringe. If liquid flows easily, there are no pinholes to interupt the draw into the pump, so the pump is suspect. One other bug I recently ran into with another pump was an undervoltage condition due to an old relay. The motor was spinning, but just not fast enough to be effective.

3. chalf87328

chalf87328 Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    Houston
    Full Name:
    chalf87328
    Thanks 2dinos. Any idea what relay runs the pump? I'll try the syringe suggestion and let you know how it works.