Mondial QV Rear Suspension Strut Top Tension | FerrariChat

Mondial QV Rear Suspension Strut Top Tension

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by StuR, Nov 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    Hi Guys,

I'm in the middle (the early part of the middle) of a lot of work on my Mondial QV (lots of pictures and info to follow...). I've been doing/having work done to rear subframe which, after 27 yrs, needed a lot of TLC. I am fitting the sub-frame up for initial fitment checks (and some mods) and the rear strut tops are slightly out of synch with the frame top that runs around the engine bay (all the lower chassis pick up points match fine). Some of this is due to work being done to repair but it seems that there is a need to have a certain amount of tension to have a perfect match. Obviously the engine, driveshaft, suspe..... is all off, (though I don't think the wait would have any effect) but I wondered:

Should the suspension turret body frame be under tension with the subframe, for strengthening(???), or do I need to mod/repair so that the subframe matches the rear frame strut tops without any tension?

Anyone who has dropped the rear frame (with and/or without the engine, etc, off) and has experienced this, I'd be glad to know!!!