Pocher F40 kit | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pocher F40 kit

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by ulf rickard, Nov 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    #26 PWehmer, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
    Not sure if anyone really knows how many K55 kits were made. I would say it was mass produced.
    The red one is by far the most common.
    Yellow was also made. Much smaller #s then red.
    Black was made for German market only. Came with gold wheels. Supposedly only 1,000 of these were made.
    Two race versions were made by Pocher with the only difference being the markings. It isn't a very accurate race car. There is a transkit to use to make a much more accurate racer but requires a skilled fabricator since the many of the parts are crude resin castings. Also requires cutting up the metal body of the kit.

Ferrari pulled their license mid '90s and gave worldwide to Mattel. Pocher wasn't very viable as an overall business and folded for good about 2000.

I remember the days when Testors sold a repackaged Testarossa kit. Kmart decided to quit carrying them & their old stock were on sale for less then $20!

To have someone build an F40 with a transkit? Brady Ward makes a living doing that. I don't know what he charges. Given the # of hours to properly apply a Autograph brand trans kit - I would call $10K + kit costs a bargain since that would be less then minimum wage.

2. Peperbus

Peperbus Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    The Netherlands (071
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Less :) I spent $ 3000 on kit and transkit, so $7000 remains for labour. I spent 650 hours on the car (and another 650 on thinking and studying) so that is a bit more than $10 an hour :)

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Not exactly.
    I am a full time Pocher dealer (Scaledetails), and have been for the past 15 years, long before Pocher closed their doors. Let me reassure you that Pocher built the later edition prestige series in such large quantities that none of us will ever have any problems finding one.
    I am also the sole parts dealer in this part of the world, and most parts are not that difficult to source out. With that said, I suspect mint kit prices will continue to increase despite the mass quantities produced.

4. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    #29 raptorduck, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    I also have one Pocher F40... bought in 1995, opened but unbuilt.
    Yes it was $1000 years ago but not anymore...
    I think I will sell it someday

6. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Well we are in 2015, so what is a new 'unstarted' F40 kit worth today?

What about the F40 engine kit, also new and unstarted?

7. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    no more than in 2015.... wait for another 50 years, and then ask..

8. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Well, I guess in 50 years, I'll be pushing up the daisies... Price is still around $8 to 900 as per eBay recent sales.

9. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    well I don't know... A decent built one can be bought for +/- 350 euro over here..

sorry...