2002 360 coupe for $79K | FerrariChat

2002 360 coupe for $79K

Discussion in '360/430' started by Newman, Nov 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I just got my copy of Autabuy magazine (mostly muscle cars and hotrods, you can look on-line too) and right there on the cover is a yellow F1 360 coupe for $79,900 with 21,000 miles. Says it has clear title, history, carfax blah blah blah its not on-line yet just in the magazine. Are these cars really this cheap? I just sold my 308GTB for $80K last week! I can only imagine a red 2000 coupe would be in the 60's.

2. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Yes, they are. But that 80K was for YOUR 308. ;) Congratz, I didn't know it sold. Did someone from Fchat buy it?

3. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    $80k for a 308? Man that is 3X ALL THE MONEY for a 308... well, maybe that is fair value, I have not followed that market, but 308 vs. 360... no comparison!

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Did you see his 308? It was incredible, great story about it in FORZA Magazine.

5. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Thanks guys but $80K was less than I had into it. I had countless people tell me that for that price other cars could be had, its true. But, if you want 246 dino would a 430 satisfy that itch? Probably not. Its all about getting the car YOU want. The ones that make those comments are the ones that just want "a" ferrari not a specific model.

Im just surprised that they are priced quite a bit under 100K. I saw another in red in the same magazine last night, again an F1 360 but in red for a similar price too. I guess im just outta the loop or living under a rock!

6. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I think it was worth more than that, but I’m a guy that also does nut and bolt restorations and can really appreciate what you did with that car. Personally, I couldn't have parted with it. Well, sure, for crazy money I would have, but not 80-100K. :)

Not to highjack the thread, but have you started the Boxer restoration? Are you doing it to the same level as the 308?

7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I plan to do the boxer in stages starting very soon. Im waiting for the 308 to leave so I have the space, its a matter of waiting for the transport company to come and get it. Im told a week or 2 which is cool, I still get to look at it in the garage lol. I dont want to be without the boxer for the summer or 5 summers like the 308 so the plan is to take the engine out and go through it and the gearbox. Ill restore the engine bay and eveything around it too. Next winter ill do the suspension and some minor interior stuff. The car doesnt need to be restored really, the paint is great as is the rest of the car. Its a matter of perfection or close to it. Ill start a thread in the boxer section the moment i start taking the clamshell off.

8. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    #8 Pcar928fan, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    I didn't see it. I don't get Forza... That must have been some kind of AWESOME 308! I DO love the looks of the 308's no doubt about it!

These days if you even get close to what you have in to a car out of it I think you really have to consider yourself lucky. There will always be a few collector cars that appreciate, but they need to be REALLY low production number models.

Newman, any chance you have posted some pics of the 308 on this forum? Love to see it. I think the Boxer is the only car I might like more than the 308 (though I really do think the 360 is gorgeous too and would love to have one at some point). I think the Sammy Hagar video "I Can't Drive 55" is what really hooked me on the Boxer!

9. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    One or two pics here:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4503&highlight=79+308+RESTORATION

I love the look too but like you, love the boxer much more but its more than just looks with the boxer, history is part of it too.

Sorry for hijacking my own thread lol.