Woo Hoo! | FerrariChat

Woo Hoo!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Robz328, Nov 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    I was doing some battery service on the 328 yesterday and I found a set of keys taped to the frame.
    Free keys!
    Cool!

Anyone find anything interesting during thier restoration efforts?

2. Helmut

Helmut Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2004
    Does a mouse nest count? (no mice though)

Helmut

3. ramosel

ramosel Formula 3

Sep 11, 2004
    Meadow Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    R Moseley
    I think the original owner (woman, 50's, cancer patient) and her kids used the gear shift housing as an ashtray, garbage can, coin tray, toilet, dust bin, jewelery box and key holder... I'm surprised I was able to shift it at all.

I found:
    Coins (65 cents total)
    key to louvers
    cigarette butts
    ashes
    candy wrapper
    gicky slime (don't go there)
    small ruby pin
    4 earring backs
    1 diamond earring

Jeweler gave me $185 for the earring and $65 for the ruby pin. I spent it on clutch parts!!

Rick

4. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    That is HYSTERICAL! I found all kinds of grime and hair in my gear selector box when I cleaned it.....only a few cents under it....

JIM

5. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Very nice Italian made switchblade knife under the floor mat. With a little lubrication, it still works splendidly. E-mailed the previous owner but he never responded.

I don't keep it in my car or carry it around, though; don't want to get arrested, as spring-operated knives are illegal here.

6. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Cool find, I take it they are the original hinged keys?? I was lucky to get 3 sets of keys with my car.

7. Fastcars575

Fastcars575 Karting

Nov 13, 2009
    Texas
    A birth control device, fortunately still in the wrapper. Heaven knows how in with world it could be used in a car that is so tight. But the seats do look pretty worn now that I think about it! Hummm? Would rather find a set of keys. A pretty cool find indeed!

8. FF8929

FF8929 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2008
    Livonia, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Fred Flynn
    In the console, $1.60 in change, AND a bag with Tenax fasteners, with the wrench. Oh, and an old parking ticket.

9. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    I recently experienced trouble shifting into 4th gear...upon closer inspection ofthe shift gate I found a $2 coin which was camoufaged in grease...thank god thats all it was

10. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    Yes, it included the original hinged set and the gas cap/console key.

11. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Unfortunately my car was too well kept to find anything cool. I guess thats really not a bad thing.

Cheers!

12. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    in my old 308 QV I found $100 in twentys wrapped together under the ashtray, and a couple of Cd's... one I listen to today!

a long time ago my dad had a Lotus Europa S2 that always had problems one time we had the center consul off and I was reaching back into the center tunnel that runs thru the car and found a pair of sunglasses... so my dad starts to yell at me about the glasses, then realizes that the center consul has never been off before so they had to come from the factory like that... ironically they were just like the glasses Colin Chapman used to wear... so you never know what you may find!

13. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Just musing here: As to the empty nest,maybe he bought the car when his kids left the house;then, a dead mouse is a good mouse? the jewels;don't ya just love gal that pays her own way? as to the switchblade, maybe the reason the P.O. didn't respond to you is because he couldn't find it when he needed it most. The slimy muck; don't go there; Ah the unused birth control devise: the P.O. is now a family man and needed to get an SUV. The $2 coin: Buy yourself a Fosters, mate, and play the lotto. It must be your lucky day! Just Musing. Jacques.

14. PittsS2APilot

PittsS2APilot Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2007
    Gulfport MS
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Guess I need to spend an hour or two with a flashlight and inspection mirror looking over my car? :)

15. Brian420

Brian420 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2009
    Suburb of Detroit
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I found something that nobody should find in their new car, but better to have found it myself than someone else. I took delivery of my 86 Mondial in September. It needs some work, and as I was going over it, I found a gram of cocaine in the passenger side door pocket. Finding it there makes me think it probably wasn't the owner's, especially since he is an extremely wealthy, older man that sold off some of his cars because he wanted to spend more time on his growing kids. It probably belonged to a passenger. I also know the car hadn't been driven much, if at all, in several years. He kept good care of it when he cared, but the last receipt I got was for winterization in 2005 and less than 1500 had been put on it since then. It's not my thing, so I laughed, showed it to some people and threw it away, but imagine what my first speeding ticket in the car might have been like.