599 stalls under normal driving condition | FerrariChat

599 stalls under normal driving condition

Discussion in '612/599' started by MR_biased, Nov 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MR_biased

MR_biased Rookie

Feb 12, 2008
    S. California
    I have NEVER had the car stall before so when a friend took the car out for a little spin, he managed to stall the car... twice! Has anyone experienced this problem before and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how or why and the car hasn't stalled since because nobody else drives it but me? Maybe it was his driving style? The clutch engagement is still fine (F1) and the car wasn't immediately driven after a long period of rest (it was warmed up). Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Never happened to me yet.

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Never experienced a stall on the 599. I'm trying to imagine how that could happen, but another reason I never let anyone drive my Ferrari.

4. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
  5. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Never happened either.

I would bring it to the dealership.

6. blitzsuprais

blitzsuprais Rookie

Aug 22, 2008
    China
    I did have that happened once when I raced a GTR on highway, and when we stopped at red light, the car stalled.

7. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Wasn't in a 599, but I had my 8C stall a couple times. Didn't happen a lot, but occasionally coming to a stop the engine would just shut off. Took it to dealer and they adjusted the clutch engagement and that fixed it. Seems the clutch was not releasing exactly at the right time and the right amount when coming to a stop, and the engine management system would just shut the engine off when it sensed an abnormal load on the engine at stop. Relatively simple adjustment and the car hasn't stalled since.

8. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

If the car was sitting idle, check the plugs and the gas tank. Could be some condensation from sitting too long or a bad tank of gas.

9. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    My 8C also stalled once. When I took her to the shop they found nothing wrong... hasn't happened since. I guess she just felt lazy that day.