Vehicle report error | FerrariChat

Vehicle report error

Discussion in '308/328' started by Lorenzini, Nov 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lorenzini

Lorenzini Karting

Sep 3, 2008
    Granite Bay, CA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth D. Lawrence
    Have my 308 on ebay and just noticed the AutoCheck people have reported 160K+ mileage while I have all the documentation since new and the actual mileage is 56225.
    In checking back records I find at a smog check the invoice shows the correct mileage at
    55200 however the electronic recording of the actual check shows the 160K.

Any siggestions as to what can be done to correct this error.

cheers kdl

2. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    You can complain to the autocheck people....but I doubt you'd get any help....does anyone help anymore....

What I would do is State in your ebay add what happened....most people appreciate honesty and if you have the documentation to back it up...then its up to the buyer to trust you or not......If the car looks good and seems like a 56K car, then it wouldn't stop me from buying it.

I've noticed a lot of Ferrari's that have "autocheck" problems and there is nothing in the add to explain them...which makes me wonder..ummmm what really happened?? :)

3. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    This can be changed. I had a similar situation with Carfax showing a 355 of mine with the wrong odometer reading. Same thing the shop that did the service inputted the wrong reading. I contacted the shop they changed it and I had Carfax contact the shop. It was changed.

John