355 recalled... Again! | FerrariChat

355 recalled... Again!

Discussion in '348/355' started by RebelBanker, Nov 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RebelBanker

RebelBanker Karting

Mar 24, 2008
    "We see all sorts of recall notices here at Autoblog. Most of them affect ordinary passenger vehicles, but nearly all of them get cleared up the first time around. So this is a bit of a first: Ferrari North America and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration have issued a second recall notice to correct a problem on the F355 that should have been addressed with the initial recall issued 12 years ago.

The concern apparently centers around the fuel delivery system, which initially prompted a recall back in 1997. The original repair should have corrected the issue, but if the "independent automobile repair facilities" that performed the service on many of the cars didn't properly install the new screw clamps, they could have damaged the fuel hoses, which in turn could cause smoke or even an engine fire. New fuel divider blocks should (hopefully) fix the issue this time around, which affects some 2,356 F355s and F355 F1s manufactured between 1995 and 1999." - Autoblog

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/22/ferrari-recalls-f355-over-fuel-leak-concerns-again/
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/results.cfm?rcl_id=09V447000&searchtype=quicksearch&summary=true&refurl=rss

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #2 Rifledriver, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    Yep just got an email yesterday from the dealer letting me know I'll need to bring in my car once they get more info from FNA about the fuel line???

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike