New Ferrari site:AWESOME | FerrariChat

New Ferrari site:AWESOME

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by redryder, Nov 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redryder

redryder Karting

May 30, 2008
    usa
    Full Name:
    george
  2. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
  3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    The name of that site sounds familiar! :D:D

4. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
    pap yr back
    thank god
    i missed you

never fear when pap is here.

5. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    HEY!

That's brother Dave's site. Very nice Dave!

6. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    You think?

7. enginefxr

enginefxr Formula 3

Aug 20, 2007
    S&R Exotics
    Full Name:
    Gary Sharpe
    Hats off to Dave for continually coming up with solutions to so many problems!!
    The website (and the parts) look great.

8. MRF40@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Planet Urf.
    Full Name:
    like whut? Ralph??
    Dave-
    Thanks for finally going live with the site!

9. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    +1

10. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, cheers mate! :p:p

:eek::eek:

11. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Helms is the MAN!!!!

12. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree

13. jetfixr

jetfixr Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    northeast
    Full Name:
    Gone
    #13 jetfixr, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yep! I gotta tell ya, the caped crusader never fails. Dave has been a great friend and really helped me in a pinch. If I can just get him bitten by the aviation bug maybe I can return some favors!
    In a business world full of criminals trying to scam every dime out of you right now it's a blessing to find a vendor/technician with ethics intact!

Dave is a valuable asset to the Ferrari community!

When you guys ask for help Dave brings new meaning to the phrase "Shepard to lost sheep"

Keep it going Uncle Jessie!!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Dave is a great guy, I purchased his Gold connectors Kit, it so well thought out and the best tools you will ever find. Have a Merry Christmas and buy some great products from Dave.
    His kits are awsome !

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Dave and I still haven't had a talk yet, Dave has never been a Sponsor of FerrariChat.com. Until further notice this is closed.

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thread is open. URL back. Dave and I just talked on the phone for 30 minutes. All good, this wasn't a planted post, users are welcome to recommend whoever or whatever if on their own. I have also sent Dave updated Sponsor info, somewhere in the past there was a massive communication failure in where the decimal point on our sponsorship rates were. Maybe the yearly rate viewed as the monthly rate. Anyway, carry on, beat me up some more.

17. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Planted post?

What B.S.

Real people don't pull crap like that.

18. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Actually, the proper term might be shill. A shill post. A chandelier poster perhaps. We get folks who don't want to pay sponsor money (not suggesting in any way Dave is one of those) who get friends or customers to post up threads linking to commercial websites.

Posts very similar to this one. But since Rob and Dave chatted, that is obviously not the case in this instance.

DM

19. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Wouldn't it be better in the future to ask the person or business in question BEFORE closing threads--May have resolved alot of unnecessary postings and ill feelings....

Just my thought as a business owner myself....

20. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #20 355, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    Thats why so many good member have left here never to come back. This place is sort of like the Govt.....gotten too big to listen to the little guy. They let money overrule common sense.
    It would be interesting to know what sponsors have to pay monthly/yearly.

21. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Look, I'm not speaking for Rob, simply for myself here. I don't want what I say misconstrued.

One of my primary functions here is to keep the sponsors and users happy. It's a fine line. We all want to be able to post about good and bad experiences we have with suppliers, sponsors or not. Generally, we grant a lot of leeway, despite the fact that sponsor pay good money to BE a sponsor. We don't generally censor criticism of sponsors, and we also don't generally delete posts from members pointing at non-sponsor websites.

However, there are some folks here that do shill for non-sponsors. The continual, "Geez, look at what a great deal I got" or, "This new part is available here" and, "So and so has a full supply of parts for XYZ. There's a repeat pattern of the same guy, perhaps two, posting this stuff for a particular non-sponsor. When that happens often enough, it becomes clear that the supplier and the shill are in cahoots.

Temporarily closing a thread while it gets investigated is not a Gestapo tactic, it's a good, careful way to investigate the issue. Rob set it straight, found out what he needed to, and re-opened the thread with the ink intact. No harm, no foul.

As to the suggestion that we've gotten too much like the government, well, Rob is basically a libertarian, thinks less government is better, and runs the place that way. But it is where he's making his living.

Robbie, if you had this site, and had sponsors paying to be here, you'd let anyone who wants to post anything they wanted to, even if it annoyed sponsors and sent the away? I don't think so.

Rob has set up a system where for $15 a year, you can use FerrariAds to sell whatever you want. That's pretty cheap access to the gazillion members here.

Now, could you all just unbunch your panties a little bit?

DM

22. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Nice site. And probably only a fraction of what is truly possible.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, someone that is shilling for a business is always of the upmost integrity in telling you the truth too.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Please list them out for me. If only one good "member" has left I guess that isn't too bad out of 70,000.

Want me to just pull the plug on your membership? I will happily give a refund since you are so unhappy. Dave and I are happy, since you don't want to join us I would prefer you don't stick around. What makes this community good is nice positive members that work with us, not against us.

Evidently 10% of what Dave thought they had to pay.

25. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #25 355, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    Nice answer. I get the same from Fleabay. When you have a monopoly on something its easy to say that isnt it Rob.. I dont have to give names because I meet these guys all the time at different Ferrari events. Their biggest gripe is that moderators play favs. I have seen it many times. Someone comes on strong over and over and as soon as the other guy gives it back then both are banned. In the P&R section you have a mod that lets anyone say anything they want about any country and or people but when you say something about his country of origin.....bang its a 1 year ban. This same idiot with the IQ of a squirrel sports my wifes picture as his avatar just to get to me. I have said many a time in here. If you cant say it to someones face then dont say it here. People like him love to do crap like that while they hide behind their keyboard.