Red Interior | FerrariChat

Red Interior

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by lencap, Nov 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    How much does a red interior affect 550 resale?

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    None, if it's the color the Buyer WANTS!!!

In some Ferraris there's a little 'too much red', but in a 550 you can always tone it down with cf, or a two tone trim treatment....

Exterior color silver?

3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I happen to love red guts on a car.

Red on white/black/silver/grey/blue all work for me.........not burgundy or bordeaux, but red.........as in "Lipstick" red or "Can Can" red (both Porsche colors).......Ferrari has something similar too.

Red interiors limit your buyer pool somewhat, but those who want it will pay up for it. So IMHO, there's no monetary loss over the "safe" black/tan interior, just fewer prospects for it, and maybe a longer sales cycle. Never been burned by having a red interior car in stock yet. Hope that helps.........

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I think the deep red (burgundy) doesn't have any effect on a silver car. But the lipstick red sure does.

silver/burgundy is a great color combo. I don't think that red interiors go with any other exterior colors very well.

So if the car is not silver, yes it devalues the car. How much? Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd suspect ANY weird color combo could cost 10-20% of the resale value, or at the very least extend your selling period significantly due to lower demand for off colors.

D

5. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    The car is indeed silver exterior, lipstick red upper dash and steering wheel, grey seats with red piping.

6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good point :)

7. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    In my opinion a red interior in a ferrari looks like the inside of a french whorehouse. I don't think I would mind visiting it once in a blue moon. But I certainly wouldn't want to live there.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I guess it depends on the ladies you 'ride' with ........:D :D

I think silver/red is a long time color combo on Ferraris, and the darker seats with piping make it sound pretty nice....

Pics?

9. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Got any pictures? I would love red interior on a gray Ferrari

10. vunico

vunico Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2007
    southern florida
    i always seem to love red leather in vintage cars [mostly euro] and not so much in new ones.
    i think the color benefits from patina...

11. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Me too!

12. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    A silver Ferrari with Bordeaux interior is a great looking combo...

13. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Hahahahahahahaha

14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I think the red interior is definitely a good combo... its not like its a yellow car with blue interior, or even grigio ingrid with red... but to be honest... not sure how the grey seats will look with lipstick red. could look incredible... could look terrible.

15. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
  16. Otter

Otter Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2008
    Franklin,NC
    Full Name:
    Eric
    They've got a 360 spider in this combo, and its really nice together, the bordeaux is not too red but brighter than maroon, I got to see it outside in the daylight and could not keep my eyes off it, the young salesman thought for sure it was sold the way I kept going back to it!! Otter

17. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    #17 Dino246gt, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My black car is getting a total bare metal respray, in black, and I'm doing all new GAHH interior. Should I keep Bordeaux? I already have replaced the headliner and package shelf, so all the off white is new, the black dash, arm rests and steering wheel are good, so it's all the Bordeaux that I'll be replacing, either with all new Bordeaux or a color like Cuoio Sella. Thoughts? I guess I COULD go all black, but that might be too much black, opinions? Ciao, Dino
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. tajaro

tajaro Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Gulfport Florida
    Full Name:
    Erik V
    Just my opinion but I love any variant of red leather on a dark color. Black looks awesome with both bright red but burgundy is classy- just depends on the look. I think black or grey is boring and these cars are supposed to be exciting.

But mostly it's your car so do what YOU really like.

IMO

19. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    I love red interiors.

20. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    YES. Black over red is a great combo and certainly more interesting than black on black, which has to be the most uninteresting color combination known to man. My 355 looks just like the one Nightlife posted, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Once I saw the titanium/bordeaux combo I knew I had to have it and ended up seeking it out.

The car the OP is describing sounds pretty horrid though. Red upper dash and gray seats? Doesn't sound good at all...

21. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    Thanks, of course, I'll keep the dash, arm rests and steering wheel black, headliner off white, all the rest Bordeaux which is still brighter red than burgundy. I COULD also go with RED but that might be TOO bright? Of course, I'll do what I like best, but I DO appreciate the opinions of the Chat members, I just might get a new idea, so keep 'em coming! I'm torm between original pedals and drilled aluminum ones, I think the aftermarket ones might look a bit out of place a few years down the road, orignial is almost always better over a long period of time, IMHO. Ciao, Dino

22. huichoval

huichoval Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2009
    texas
    Full Name:
    luis
    rejuvenate it's current color!!!

23. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Have the best of both colors, someone here has Daytona seats in red/black in his 308.
    Absolutely stunning! No time to find the thread but trust me, looks like a million dollars.

24. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    #24 Llenroc, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Ha! I agree. That said, I think really works well on some cars. Mostly black/white/silver/grey cars.

Also, I just saw a Blue California with red interior. Looked fantastic.