Tires: PS2 vs. Eagle F1 | FerrariChat

Tires: PS2 vs. Eagle F1

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by mswiek, Nov 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Will be fitting new shoes to the Maranello this coming year. Have been very pleased with Michelin Pilot Sports, and was considering PS2's. However, recently saw some Goodyear Eagle F1's and was wondering what the experience/consensus was on these tires among the cognoscenti on FChat. My driving is road driving, no real tracking. Some wet weather at times. Thanks.

Mike

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    according to the prices on tirerackwholesale.com --- they are giving them away. definitely worth a shot....

3. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Mike,

I recently replaced my Pilot Sports with PS2s. But I have Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3s on my 308 GTB. I love them! They're quiet and grippy and safe in the rain. I have to be a little careful though when the temperature drops below 40 degrees.

Barry

4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Two blowouts with Eagles....

I only purchase Michelins now

5. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    For what its worth, I have not been impressed with the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics I have on my BMW 335i. On the loud side, seem to follow every groove or slant in the pavement and performance is only a little above average for tires in this class. Will go with PS2s or Bridgestones next time. The Goodyears are a steal though.