Bridgeport C&C this weekend.... | FerrariChat

Bridgeport C&C this weekend....

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by kaoss, Dec 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    I received a request that I wanted to post up in its own thread for this Saturday's C&C as it is a good opportunity for all of us to come together during the Holiday season.

Fellow F-chatter sent me some info that a former patient of his, who is 15 years old, is having surgery for a brain tumor next week...he'll be visiting Salem with friends and family. I've been asked to drive down to Salem/Keizer after C&C to allow him to view some cars, take photos, etc and liven up his spirits.

Asking anyone and everyone that wants to join in to caravan with me and some others down to Keizer after C&C for a short visit. It's a good cause so wax up the autos peeps, weather supposed to be okay so the F-cars can come too...I promise the paint won't wear off during the drive!

Hopefully we can put together a great turn out and really lift the kids spirits!

2. ALTA ADAM

ALTA ADAM Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2007
    PDX, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Would love to go, but my Son and I are doing Cub Scouts charity stuff all day! Enjoy the day guys!

3. Ackmann

Ackmann Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Salem Oregon
    Full Name:
    Wayne Ackermann

Easy for me since I live in Salem. Let me see if Michael Brown will be around this saturday and perhaps Jerry Bresee can bring out his 360. I can put the invite out to BJ Donafreo and see if he is into taking the Ford GT out.

4. debriga

debriga Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    washington
    I was going to put the Countach away for the winter, just moments before you posted this request. I am willing to give her one more late fall road trip for a very worthy cause. And this request really seems to be a very, very worthy cause!!

Count me in on the caravan down to Salem from the C&C at Bridgeport. If the young gentleman would like a ride, I am very open to that also. What he is going through at such a young age saddens my heart immensly. If there is anything I can contribute to putting a smile on his face, let me know. He is truly deserving of all that we might try to give him in order to brighten his day!!!!

5. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    #5 4RE42, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
    hey guys,

Michael Brown here. Wanted to give you more information. I talked to this young man's mother and she said it was alright for me to give more information.

This guy is a former patient of mine (2 years ago) from Klamath Falls. He was playing football on November 5 this year and got a concussion. The CT scan showed a tumor. He followed up with OHSU peds (Doernbecher) and is scheduled for surgery on Monday December 7th. He will be traveling to Eugene meet other family members on Friday and will be in Salem on Saturday. This is a surprise for him and I will tell his mother to bring him to the Keizer Station Starbucks at 10:30.

The tumor is benign and has not caused any neuro deficits BUT it is located in the brainstem. Because of the location, outcomes range from total success to severe deficits (paralyzed). Death is another option.

He is 15 years old, a straight "A" student and loves cars. Unfortunately, the mother is a nurse and is very well aware of the risks. He is off school during this time and has been getting more anxious (of course) about the situation.

As many of you know, I was trying all summer to have the Portland crowd come down to Salem for Cars and Coffee. This, unfortunately, is not a ploy or joke. Also, even it is raining and foggy, I will still bring both of our cars. I guess I can wash them if they get dirty. This is definately a good cause.

Initially, I did call some of the local Salem guys and was NOT planning on posting on F-chat. This is a very busy time of year. I did call Kevin however. I appreciate him posting on F-chat. Thanks Kevin. It was a nice thing you did. Thanks also to Wayne Ackerman.

We do NOT need to donate money or anything. Merely a get together to take pics and I will probably give him a ride around the vicinity.

Of course, it would be very nice to see all you guys. please DO NOT feel obligated. I know it is a busy time - that is why I wasn't going to post on F-chat.

I am sure it will be very exciting for him. K- falls is a small place. (Only Steve Saghetti has an F-car down there now) Hopefully, he will make a full recovery and he can meet us after the surgery.

sorry for the long post, Michael, Melinda and little Ferrari boy (who at 15 months old can now "point at the Ferrari" - he knows the prancing horse) Parker Brown

PS weather report says high of 79, mostly blue sky, few high clouds, no wind - of course, we ALWAYS have dancing girls at the Salem Cars and Coffee

6. Ackmann

Ackmann Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Salem Oregon
    Full Name:
    Wayne Ackermann
    Sounds good Michael. I am beat tired after a long night at the game and then early work. I will take the opportunity to sleap in and then go down and meet you guys at 10:30am at the Keizer Station Starbucks. I feel blessed that this hasn't happened to my family; but like what you've done here to show the boy he's not alone in his fight through this. Look forward to seeing you guys there.

7. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    What time are you heading down?

8. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    Where is the Keizer station starbucks?

9. Ackmann

Ackmann Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Salem Oregon
    Full Name:
    Wayne Ackermann
    I-5 and the Keizer Exit. At Keizer Station (large shopping center) NW corner of freeway intersection. Look forward to seeing you.

10. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    From I-5 SOUTH Take the ramp towards KEIZER, exit #260B

You will see the Starbucks immediately when you take the exit - on your left.

I talked to the mother today. She is planning on a 10:30 arrival time. This should be a great surprise for her son.

michael brown

11. dgrtone

dgrtone Karting

May 3, 2006
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wish I could make it, great cause, but have basketball for my youngest.

12. Ackmann

Ackmann Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Salem Oregon
    Full Name:
    Wayne Ackermann
    Actually it's on your right as you take the exit; but thats ok Michael, we understand your a doctor and used to seeing lots of things from different angles.

PS: Quack Quack!

13. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    #13 4RE42, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
    sorry about that.

thanks

14. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    Quack Quack...haha. Hope you have a good turn out today Mike. Tell that kid that I'l buzz him around in the tr when he heals up.

15. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
  16. Ackmann

Ackmann Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Salem Oregon
    Full Name:
    Wayne Ackermann
    I just wanted to say thanks to Michael Brown for doing this. It felt good to be part of something that you could tell put a series smile on Colton's face. I truley believe he drove north this morning with a heavy mind about his upcoming fight and left Cars & Coffee with his thoughts focused on some great cars and the wonderfull people who share them.

Jason put together a photobucket of the morning.

http://picasaweb.google.com/blueovalranch/DECEMBEMBERCarsAndCoffee?feat=email#

17. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #17 2000 456M, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
    Glad to see Colton got the hat. It certainly looks better on him than me. Thanks, Sonny. Sorry I couldn't stay to give it in person. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.

18. debriga

debriga Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    washington
    Coiten is a humble young man whom faces so much uncertainty in life. His strength whithin adversity should be an inspiration to all the rest of us!! I feel honored to have been able to have been a part of this gathering. Just seeing the ear splitting smile on his face while going on rides in the various cars is something I will always remember. Just as I am sure he will remember also.

God speed, my young man, and be well!!

19. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    WOW. What a GREAT turnout. I agree with Wayne above. I am sure the biggest thing on Colton's mind now is cars, cars, and more cars.

Thanks to everyone who came down for Colton. His mother told me that Colton has not smiled so much in well over a month! After Colton's ride in Pat Collins' ACR Viper, he stated that it was the "best day of [his] life".

I am so happy that so many people showed up to support him.

Michael Brown

20. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    thank you for Allen (Allan ? spelling) for sending down the hat for Colton. His sister said he will probably not take it off until the surgery.

Dennis, thanks for coming down and bringing out the beast.

mb

21. debriga

debriga Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    washington
    And should not some recognition go to Michael for this event? His compassion for Colten's condition and his efforts to brighten Colten's day are so very commendable. Both are due some praise and both deserve a few pats on the back!!

22. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    It was an honor to be able to make some contribution, however small, to making his day memorable. All good wishes to him and everyone who showed up.

Allan

23. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Nice going Allan. The rest of you too.

24. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    We should revisit this gathering when Collin is feeling up to it.

25. Jeff Hahne

Jeff Hahne Rookie

Dec 6, 2009
    This is Jeff, Colton's Dad. On behalf of my wife and I, I would like to thank everyone who participated in this amazing event. You all truly brightened his mood and lifted his spirits. A special thanks to Dr. Michael Brown for putting this all together. His kindness and compassion for our son leaves us speechless. The smile never left Colton's face and the new Ferrari hat hasn't left his head.

Surgery is scheduled for 7:00 am tomorrow (Monday) morning. We'll be sure to post again to let you all know how things went.

God bless each of you! You are all awesome! Thank you seems hardly enough for all you did for Colton.