How to copy from iTunes to infotainment hard drive? | FerrariChat

How to copy from iTunes to infotainment hard drive?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by JRL, Dec 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JRL

JRL Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Has anyone found a way to dowload music from iTunes to the California's infotainment system?

2. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Not tried this with my ipod but if you remove the USB socket cover on the lower right hand side of the media unit you should be able to hook up your ipod to it and download the tracks. I just used a memory stick inserted into the USB socket to download my albums.

3. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

#3 Diablo, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
    Will not work. Itunes from a ipod are not going to download..

It would just be stealing music I was told. That way you could just download it to every car you wanted.

You might as well put your songs on a jump drive and then load them in to the HDD

4. sg69

sg69 Karting

Aug 23, 2009
    VA
    I may be wrong but I think the iPod integration is standard and you should have the connector in the glove box. It works great. You won't be able to copy music off the iPod though, just listen to it through the system. Otherwise another way is to copy your music onto a USB flash drive as isuk suggested. A more tedious option is to load your favorite CDs one at a time and copy them to the internal drive. As a last resort which also works fine is to use the aux input on the bottom right hand corner and plug in the headphone output of your iPod into it.

SG