430 Spider - Roof Control Module? | FerrariChat

430 Spider - Roof Control Module?

Discussion in '360/430' started by m.roberts, Dec 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
  2. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
  3. Cyprus16M

Cyprus16M Karting

Sep 11, 2009
    North Cyprus
    Full Name:
    Bora
    Which one of them are better or have better advantage of one and another except the pricing Mods4Cars or Cartronics????

Cheers

4. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Does anybody know if there is a way to just bypass the "speed sensor"? I don't have an issue with holding the button down, but I would like to be able to lower the top while moving, especially when leaving or parking in a public space.

5. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Well.. i dunno.. it is weird. I have run into this same issue with video modules for GM trucks... PAC-Audio, and some other brands have modules that appear IDENTICAL except for the sticker on them.

I don't know if they are all trying to pull the wool over our eyes, and simply order these things out of china and throw a sticker on them... or if one company makes them, and another knocks them off or what.

I think I MAY order from cartronics, because they have a cool remote start module for newer model Mercedes.

6. big_guy

big_guy F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I spoke to the service manager at my dealership about these units. He pointed out that there is a reason why the operation fo the soft top has you holding the button until the raising/lowering of the top is completed. Obviously, there is a safety issue, and the potential of doing serious damage to the mechanism. If a gust of wind hits the top even just at 25 miles per hour..............

7. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I doubt I'd ever drop or raise the top above 5MPH (let alone 25)!