My Visit to Ferrari of Palm Beach: | FerrariChat

My Visit to Ferrari of Palm Beach:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Nov 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #1 Gatorrari, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    About 16 months ago I visited Ferrari of Scottsdale while on a trip to Phoenix and took photos which I posted on this forum. This time the target was a bit closer to home.

While making one of my monthly long-weekend trips to Palm Beach County to visit and assist my elderly parents, I decided to visit Ferrari of Palm Beach, which had only opened fairly recently. I grabbed my pocket digital Canon camera and took the photos shown here.

The building shown in the first photo is obviously temporary, though it is slated to be upgraded and become the Maserati showroom when the new Ferrari building is completed behind the fence seen on the left side of the photo. The second photo shows an artist's conception of the finished complex painted on the construction fence, which should look quite spectacular; note the Ferraris visible on the upper floor!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #2 Gatorrari, Nov 8, 2009
  3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #3 Gatorrari, Nov 8, 2009
  4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #4 Gatorrari, Nov 8, 2009
    A customer stopped by with a 430 spider for a quick visit. Hard to believe he had the top up on a perfect day for al fresco motoring!

Interestingly the salesman there was Bud Root, formerly of Shelton down in Lauderdale and a fellow I had met several times before; in fact he remembered me. He says that Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale had completed their new showroom and that it was marvelous. I intend to pay a visit there on my longer stay down there late next month. He also said to say "Hi!" to his former Shelton cronies now up here at FoA (Will, you reading this?) and I told him that I might see him at Cavallino in January. Bud impresses me as being one of the really nice guys in the Ferrari biz, and I've seen other posts on FChat that seem to support that.

If you ever want to visit FoPB, they're at 3980 Okeechobee Blvd in West Palm Beach, between Palm Beach Lakes Blvd and Military Trail. They're right next to the local Mercedes dealer, which has the same owners. When they open the new building I'll add some photos here.

5. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Nice pictures!

Just curious though, how would they get those cars up on the second floor when the building is complete?

Thanks for sharing Jim.

6. monte patterson

monte patterson Karting

Feb 26, 2009
    maitland florida
    Full Name:
    LAMBOGUY
    LOTS OF HELIUM BALOONS TIED TO THE BUMPERS. IT"S THE ITALIAN WAY.

7. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I'm going to look them up in a week or two.

8. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

I just heard they only have one tech left now. They started out with at least 4. At least the last man standing is now busy.

9. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    As ridiculous as this response is, that really would be the Italian way.

10. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    you are right.....it is ridiculous.

11. Ferrari 1

Ferrari 1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Benn Correale
    You are right; Bud Root IS the man!

12. rse1851

rse1851 Rookie

Jul 2, 2008
    Rome GA
    Full Name:
    Steven Eckhoff
    I have know Bud since 1986 when I first went to work at Shelton's. He was still in the banking business at that time. Our standing joke when he would walk in the showroom was him pulling a dollar out of his pocket, placing it on top of one of the cars and telling me "Eckhoff I'm here to put some money down on a car".

Bud is a good friend and a one of the good guys!

Steven Eckhoff
    Ferrari of Atlanta