Desert Classic Concours | FerrariChat

Desert Classic Concours

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Daytona Rick, Dec 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Any Palm Springs F Chatters attend this event in the past? It's being held in 2010 at the La Quinta Resort at the last weekend of Feb. Just wondering if it was worth attending.

Looking for any excuse to find warmer weather in Feb than the Windy City.

2. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I went to this event two years ago March 08 i believe it was very nicely done, everyone was friendly and accomodating. the Entry fee was reasonable and the selection of cars was very nice.

3. RED TESTAROSSA

RED TESTAROSSA Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2009
    So. Calif.
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Never been. But thanks for bringing it up as I live around the corner and didnt even know about the event!

4. JBTC F430

JBTC F430 Rookie

Dec 31, 2006
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Campbell
    I went last year. It was a nice event. I actually was one of the Ferrari judges. There were about 10 nice F-cars. This year's event is in a different location. Last year was on the O'Donnell golf course in old Palm Springs. This year will be on one of the golf courses in La Quinta. The organizer of the event is very excited about the new venue and says it will be even better.

I'll be going, but the "feature" this year is cars of the 50s so I will be taking one of my pieces of 50s domestic iron.

And if you want warm, last year it was 95 degrees and we all melted at the show. But that was unusually warm.

It is worth going to.

5. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Well thanks for the response. Since my lady heard it was being held at her favorite resort, we booked. So we'll be out there for a week. Can't wait. maybe we can have an informal get together of F Chatters.

6. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    I have always attended the previous years since the inception. Paul Merrigan and his wife run the event and it had always been fantastically well done. I anticipate this becoming one of the more important gatherings each and every year much like Amelia Island became.

I understand there is a much more involved "rally" the day before the show this year and I will be bring something nice from the store as well as one of my own cars as I did last year.

Cheers, Bill Noon

7. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Well looking forward to seeing you again. I'm trying to convinve Gene to come out and bring one of his Boxers.

8. LeonG360

LeonG360 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2007
    Calabasas
    Do you guys know if it's an all weekend event or only Sat or Sun?

9. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I heard plans for Fri, Sat, and Sun. Not sure of what though. Rally? maybe Fri or Sat

10. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    If someone here can keep me posted or show me where we can sign up I will bring the TR.

11. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Stay in touch with me. We're already booked to come out so I know I'll be there.