Ochocinco no more??? | FerrariChat

Ochocinco no more???

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 8 SNAKE, Dec 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
  2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I really like this guy.

I've never been a fan of attention-whores, but he seems to do it in such a way that you can't help but like the guy.

3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think it is because it isn't about his ego or saying he is the best ever. It is just him trying to have a good time and make people laugh. Sports should be about having fun. I wish they would allow the end zone celebrations again.

4. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Chad reminds me a lot of Floyd Mayweather Jr. I find it difficult not to like either one of them, even though they do things that I would normally find annoying.

5. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    People say athletes only do it for the money. Chad Johnson/Ochocinco/Hachi Go is one of the few who doesn't give a rats @$$ what other people think and is just having fun and takes the fines like a man.

6. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you think Chad isn't fully aware of the $$$ that his antics bring in, you are kidding yourself. The Chad Johnson/Ochocinco/Hachi Go that we see on TV is a character. If that was really Chad, you'd read about him doing crazy things off the field. The real Chad Johnson seems to keep his nose quite clean.

Yeah, yeah, I know. So did Tiger Woods. ;)

7. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    They say Jerry Jones is the only owner in the NFL that realizes he's in the entertainment industry...

That said. Chad is an idiot.

8. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

Are you talking about Tiger Woods' nose, or another part of his anatomy?

I'm trying to decide how Ochocinco is going to fit 'Henry' into his new name.

9. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Chad is NO idiot.

An 'idiot' is someone that does what Chad does and doesn't last long in the league.

Owners that realize they are in the entertainment industry:
    Al Davis, Dan Snyder, all the combined owners of the Dolphins, Arthur Glass, Bill Bidwell....

10. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I'd like him to entertain me with a playoff win. Hell a big game in December would suffice.

11. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You can call Chad a lot of things, but an idiot isn't one of them. He's completely in control of his business and is smart enough to expand his image out to popular venues like Twitter and other internet sites. He's building a brand that extends beyond football and raking in piles of cash. Nothing about that is idiotic.

12. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt

Where is he making his money?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that all these stunts increase his name recognition... but does that make him more desirable for a team to sign him? Is that going to make the Bengals pay him more? Is he selling more jerseys? What else is he selling?

Where are these "piles of cash" coming from?