599 GTB Detail | Indianapolis | FerrariChat

599 GTB Detail | Indianapolis

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by odgaard, Dec 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. odgaard

odgaard Rookie

Jul 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Adam Odgaard
    Not a frequent poster here but I figured this material was relevant. I normally monitor this section for Cars & Coffee in Indianapolis. This owner has been a Ferrari owner for a number of years now. He got in touch with me after being referred by a friend. After reviewing the paints condition, I had to teach him some better ways to wash the vehicle. He does enjoy washing and waxing the vehicle himself so he enjoyed the pointers.

This customer received paint correction which took me 20+ hours for this particular vehicle. This car is huge! It wasn't that fun using the rotary on the extremely wide and long hood. Either way it was a great experience and a pleasure to work with such a beautiful exotic.

Upon arrival:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Washing Process

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the vehicle had been washed and clayed, it was time to inspect it in the sun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After playing around with a few combo's, I found the right combo that did the trick. In this next picture, the uncorrected part is in the middle, and each side has been correct.

[​IMG]

After working more on the car it started getting overcast (as usual), so no more outdoor shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. odgaard

odgaard Rookie

Jul 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Adam Odgaard
    Moving on to the interior

Waxing the carbon fiber trim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished Interior Shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished Exterior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one final shot with Enzo looking over my work in the top left

[​IMG]

By the time I was completely finished it was midnight, so I couldn't do any outdoor afters. He said he wanted me to come back once winter is over so I will have the opportunity for more pictures then! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. As always I enjoy comments. Thanks for looking!

Sealant: CG Jetseal 109
    Wax: Migliore Competizione

3. MichiganMike

MichiganMike Rookie

Sep 19, 2008
    waterford Mi
    Full Name:
    Mike Thompson
  4. odgaard

odgaard Rookie

Jul 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Adam Odgaard
    thank you.

5. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Nice work.

FYI...I just "stole" the pic of the pony with the flag reflection to use as my desktop background.

6. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Excellent! Looks perfect to me. I love the garage too