You Never Know Who The Cops Are... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

You Never Know Who The Cops Are...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TexasF355F1, Dec 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Gave Zack 3 days off;

Reason shown to Zack, and I quote him...

"Don't be stupid... if you type like a retard"

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #52 DrStranglove, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Damn.

I thought Andrew got him pretty good but leave it to Wax to provide additional smack down.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Dave,

I dont read anything in the quoted thread that the Dad was mad at the cop. I can almost be certain that he was upset at the kid and glad the cop caught him being an ass. Esp. for following the cop for a mile and the cop being in uniform! (Which he says later in the thread.)

4. kdf398

kdf398 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Pasadena
    Full Name:
    Keith
    How ironic. Zach becomes a victim of the same over-reaction that he had strenuously contended the police officer engaged in.

5. kdf398

kdf398 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Pasadena
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Hardly. the way I read it, Zach appears to have given as well as he got.

6. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It turns out I am the one who needs to learn comprehension. I read the following as one statement split by a comma. Not two statements split by a period.

7. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Oh, sorry, what I meant was Andrew pretty much owned Zack, but then Wax came through with the 3 days in the sin bin one-up'ing the ownage.

Zack, you are correct to say, deff. over reacted and under debated; i.e., acting like a petulant child that I bet he is.

8. kdf398

kdf398 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Pasadena
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Actually, not quite.

I agree he over-reacted but what I meant to say was that in reading through the exchange, objectively speaking, I think Zack was making some good points. I don't think he was outright owned (and I felt this way right up to the point that he was banned :))

9. mdoan300

mdoan300 Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael
    With the way the younger generation in this society has a sense of entitlement, the kid needed that dose of the real world.

I actually see the cop doing him a favor. The situation could have easily escalated to road rage and a gun fight could have ensued.

///Michael

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Keith, the 3-day ban length is standard procedure for "retard" infraction.

11. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    For 12/20:

One thing you don't seem to realize Zack, is the cop DID give the kid a break and went easy on him. The kid got dinged for speeding, 2 "exhibition of speed" cites for the burnouts and a couple "fix it" tickets for tint and a fart can. I don't see a reckless driving citation or a public obscenity citation and the kid got to go home and sleep in his own bed instead of spending a few hours in jail before making the phone call at 3am to ask his parents to bail him out.

What else do you want the cop to do? The kid was brazen, continued to harass another driver for several minutes and then cried like a little girl when he got dinged? Kid got off EASY.

12. kdf398

kdf398 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Pasadena
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thanks. And it makes sense. Although I am sure Zach would contend it is over-kill.

13. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    I say the kid got what he deserved. The only one being an obnoxious ***** in this situation was the kid.

14. 4za

4za Formula 3

Feb 18, 2005
    Edmonds, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    One of the issues with kids today is their inability to take responsibility for their actions - perfectly demonstrated with this story.

Another is the sense of entitlement - again demonstrated. Driving and owning a car is a privilege, not a right.

+1 to the cop.

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It's all fun & games until someone gets hurt or killed, this kid could have received the holiday edition of the Darwin awards. If anything the cop did this brat a favor but I'd have him go before a judge & suspend his drivers license for a bit.

16. solowmodel

solowmodel Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2009
    Seoul, London, VA
    Full Name:
    WK
    This is based on what exactly?

17. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I can say from experience that, in Atlanta, NYC, LA, ect., a car of punks revs the engines... follows me for a mile or so, revs, burns the tires, calls me a ***** ect., I would get scared. Likely gun in the lap scared.

Add to that the normal (yes, sadly normal) paranoia of a patrol cop, and I for sure would have had my side arm ready. (As a cop I got a death threat at least once a week... and you only have to be wrong about people once and you never get to see your kids again....)

Solow, I bet is I followed you for a mile or less being an ass you would be on the phone to the cops (thank god for 9-1-1 right?) in a hot secound!

18. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    #68 Rory J, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    Agreed on the first point, this kid needs to be taught a lesson he will remember, not one he will laugh about the next day.

Regarding the side note... really?? A little out-of-touch with general salaries, aren't you? Police officers are well-paid and VERY rightly so. They put their lives on the line day in and day out for our safety. I'd recommend not making such a comment at, say, a cocktail party.

Totally agree with the three-day Zach suspension. That one was well-earned.

Also, regarding the fact that the officer was followed in his car and verbally harassed in this case, couldn't there have been some kind of intimidation charge filed? Or a harassment charge?

19. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    I bet this kid never does it again.

20. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    +1000

21. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  22. abrussich

abrussich Rookie

Dec 10, 2009
    Houston, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Al "phonse" Brussich
    I've had sports cars of one type or another and am amazed at what will pull up along side wanting to "have a go". I've put up with that kind of nonsense on a regular basis, in 5 different states, and since I first got my license in 72.

I wish more police would do what the original poster here did. Excellent work!

My wife also drives a sports car and she gets harrased constantly, and it's not just from the male populace. Seems there are a few women out there who upon seeing a female in an exotic think they need to prove that they, (exotic driver) are no better than anyone else and do so by driving like total ass-hats. I've seen this first hand.

Point trying to be made is that drivers overall seem to be resorting to dangerous behavior with their cars as a means to vent whatever percieved trangression some other inocent driver may have made.
    I wish the police would do more to go after those types of drivers.

Sorry for the lengthy rant, I had to deal with one this morning on the way to work and would have loved to see an officer come into play.

23. mdoan300

mdoan300 Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #73 mdoan300, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    Based on what shows up in the local evening news from time to time. That kid could have been at the wrong place at the wrong time picking a street race w/ the wrong guy.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Dri-ve-to-the-Doctor-Nearly-Cost-Carollton-Woamn-Her-Life.html

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Road.Rage.Shooting.2.972836.html

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Bobby.Strogen.middle.2.1022964.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/022108dnmetrage.137832d3.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/dallas/stories/062409dnmetshooting.1bba3569.html

The bold is my emphasis. That kid's aggressiveness and persistence could be taken the wrong way.

There's a thread on Bimmerforums that happened to an actual member a few years ago. A local (Dallas) BMW owner pulled up alongside a 5-series w/ dark tint and wanted to "have some fun." Unfortunately, the occupants in the 5-series were rather questionable as they rolled down their window at the stoplight and pointed a gun at him. I am trying to find that thread.

If you don't think the kid's aggressive and persistent actions would not be a cause of road rage, then I would disagree as there are no universal rules that trigger road rage.

EDIT: I found the thread on bimmerforums. It didn't involve a gun, but a bottle instead.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307930&highlight=cooper

///Michael

24. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
    Wow, that's horrible what happens these days...

25. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The South Arlington / Grand Prairie area has really gone downhill in the past 10+ years.