355 F1 problem FIXED by Eugenio!!!! | FerrariChat

355 F1 problem FIXED by Eugenio!!!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PWR2PAS, Apr 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PWR2PAS

PWR2PAS Rookie

Sep 25, 2004
    Canyon Country, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I wanted to thank Eugenio for his expertise in resolving the problem with my 1999 355 F1.

The original problem was the car shifting into neutral at the worst times. The car would stay in neutral for 20 minutes or so before I could get it back into gear and on the road for the next few miles where it would repeat the process. My frustration level was increased as the car only had 4000 miles.

My repair experiences were costly and completely off track..

I took the car to FX Performance. They reset the computer and waved a magic wand. Clearly, this did not fix the car. Cost: $2,500.

I took the car to Ferrari of Orange County and they wanted to replace the F1 pump and actuator. The cost of this repair was $20,000. They believed that I had low pressure, therefore I purchased “just the pump” myself and they graciously installed it for $8,000. No luck. Total cost: $11,000.

I then took the car to Auto Gallery. They replaced a few relays and aligned the car. Another $5,000 spent and the car was not fixed. All of the original problems still existed and now the car began to stall at red lights….. getting worse.

Wanting to be fair, I took the car back to FX Performance and they replaced the engine mounts. Another quick $1,000,, and no fix.

I researched the internet, contacted a few mechanics from as far away as England and no one had a clue about what was wrong with the car not to mention how to fix it.

All the while, and at no charge to me, Eugenio was researching the problem, and on a Saturday plugged in his SD2 computer. He discovered that the problem was the result of a few bad sensors, and at the grand sum of $1,400 (parts and labor included),,, removed the bumper and bell housing and the car was fixed in one afternoon while I waited. YOU ARE THE GREATEST!

I am so happy with his level of professionalism and persistence that I may even purchase another Ferrari and it may even have the F1 system. I was committed not to ever buy another Ferrari especially with the F1 shifter. I now feel confident that there is not a problem that he cannot diagnose and repair at a fair price.

I always tell my friends that many people can afford to get into the Ferrari game, but few can afford to play unless you have a friend that is a Ferrari mechanic. I then tell them that their friend is E.

“Thank you for all of your help over the years” does not begin to describe the relief you have given me, but words are all I have.

Sincerely,
    Johnathan Sires, 1999 Ferrari F1 Spyder – Canyon Country

2. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    E's the man ! As a fellow Ferrari owner (Hank) mentioned at the LC car meet the other day...." Your going to get the Eugenio Blessing " so true...
    Good to hear your back on the road.

3. cool4re

cool4re Karting

Nov 2, 2004
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim Bindman
    E has done his magic on my 3 cars and is definitely the best!

4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #4 hank sound, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    And if one has experienced being in the Hell that it is to have their prized car touched by members of the devil’s service station, they will
    then truly know the Heaven that is EUGENIO’S............(read) Guardian Angel !

Hank

5. PKF355

PKF355 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    sOCal
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Can't be more happier with Eugenio's service.

I'm PROUD to say that my car was and will always be serviced by Eugenio!!!

True story here: When I was searching for my F355, came across a real nice '95 Barchetta Berlinetta. We were about $3K difference in reaching a deal. Owner was real firm on his price & he said "because car was serviced by Eugenio" and had the paper work to prove it. I ended up with my '99 because I fell in love with the F1 shift....

In fact, knowing that Eugenio is here in SoCal is the reason that pushed me over the edge for jumping in with both feet into F355 ownership despite it's well known that F355 are expensive to maintain. But with Eugenio here, I'm not worried not even a bit about car breaking down. If it does, E will fix it and get me back on the road again. Peace of mind, now, that's a real and rare F-car ownership experience!!!

6. PWR2PAS

PWR2PAS Rookie

Sep 25, 2004
    Canyon Country, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I am glad that everyone who knows E loves his service as I do. Like I said, after getting stomped by some kid in a Toyota in my 348 and then these problems with the 355 I was seriously questioning whether or not to own a Ferrari. Now, not only do I have one of the fastest cars on the road, it is fairly (it is still after all a Ferrari) reliable. With E's help is stays on the road.

7. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Hey John,

Glad the car is working great. I'm the guy you gave a ride to at Eugenio's shop. Well, now that you know where to get it serviced it should be running fine with no problems :):) The best part is that you didn't even have to get new engine mounts or have you F1 system cleansed :D :D. Happy driving.

Brent

8. PWR2PAS

PWR2PAS Rookie

Sep 25, 2004
    Canyon Country, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hello again Brent. Thanks for the reply. Yeah, E is the man. But I DO have new engine mounts. Never know when these bad boys will suddenly go out ;)

9. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    John,

Glad to hear you got your problem solved by www.EugeniosFerrariService.com and the big man on the block "E."
    I hear this sort of thing often, people taking their cars and paying hard earned money to shops that can't fix the issues.
    Those of us who are E's customers are so fortunate. Welcome to the group of happy E customers

Sorry to hear you dumped so much unnecessary money on the car, I really hate to hear things like this. But look at the bright side, you are in with Eugenio now. The worries are behind you!
    Many Many trouble free miles.

And you're in my neck of the woods, come by for coffee! Maybe we can get E to come by too (I wont count on it, but it's worth a shot).

See you soon :D

Chris

10. LennyZeutzius

LennyZeutzius Karting
    BANNED

Dec 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lenny
    Great that you finally got your F355 sorted John. Terrific news.

I know it's a drive to Glendora from CC, but well worth it. :)

11. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    Anthony, i think it's your 2007 white QP he has in there now ? very sweet . . . stopped in and saw it last night . . . he was running the gamut of SD3 tests on it . . . cleaning out checking out some errors and such

nice QP man

12. LAgated360

LAgated360 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 2, 2008
    LA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #12 LAgated360, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
    Wonderful ! Now you can drive without have any worries. It sure is a good feeling isn't it ?

Best,
    Rick (LAgated360)

13. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    #13 Joe G., May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009

Rick, what happened ? ECR yesterday ... where you been buddy ? :)

14. PWR2PAS

PWR2PAS Rookie

Sep 25, 2004
    Canyon Country, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    It has been the best Ferrari Year I have had. After years of problems and the ever present apprehension that the car would die at the worst possible time, I have had an entire year of driving without a hiccup. Not ONE problem!!! Just goes to show what a great mechanic can do... as well as a great driver :)... Just kidding on the last point. THANK YOU AGAIN EUGENIO!!!!! See you soon the the 15K service. Make some room will ya.

15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    ...and THAT is the E blessing. Outside of the quality of his workmanship, Eugenio works to get to the bottom of the problem as opposed to using a "House"-like game of trian-and-error that's costing $1,000's of dollars at a time. When he solves one of those quirky Ferrari issues, it's SOLVED.

No place better for your F-car!

16. TomTerry

TomTerry Karting

Jan 20, 2008
    When you get the bill from Eugenio does it say exactly what work was done? What parts they replace and how many hours and the costs?
    Thank you, I just asking nothing bad intentioned

17. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    I had my major service performed by Eugenio.
    So, my information is accurate and I am speaking from experience, as I am a paying customer.

Extremely detailed invoice
    Daily updates via email on what work is being performed with pictures, a lot of them.
    Every part that was changed is listed, everything that is done is listed.
    There are absolutely no surprises and no questions as to "what was done and/or what was replaced."

Most of the questions I had were answered before I even asked them.

I left with a smile, a big one. The only time I had a bigger smile is when my beautiful wife (girlfriend at the time) said "yes." And I still sometimes wonder why she did ;)

Happy Holidays! Happy motoring