VCR | Page 2 | FerrariChat

VCR

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by s4dustin, Dec 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    :( What a bunch of first-class a-holes.

Good luck with your next endeavour Dusty - better days lie ahead.

2. shooer

shooer Rookie

Oct 29, 2005
    So Cal
    Some time ago I researched which centers near me are owned by Regency. They are huge with deep pockets and nothing I can do would ever get their attention, But, I will not forget this spectacle of the corporate bullys beating up the little guy. I stopped shoping at Von's in Westlake (a Regency Center) and now shop at Ralphs ( NOT a Regency center). Why not?

3. HRCVF750

HRCVF750 Karting

Jul 13, 2006
    La Canada, Ca.
    Full Name:
    M. Lyle
    Dusty, sorry to hear you're forced to close but i know that someone with your energy, drive, social skills and vision is destined for something great. Please keep us all in the loop.

Mel

4. Grumpy B

Grumpy B Karting

May 31, 2005
    South Bay
    Full Name:
    Don
    I had only been a few times and loved the hell out of what Dusty had built. I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do next.

Don

5. Daytona88

Daytona88 Rookie

Jun 27, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Really sorry to hear it, but they say change is good. Here's hoping this is a good change for you and I know VCR will be missed by many. Hope to see you around soon.

Doug

6. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    #31 TG, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    Dusty,

My understanding was always that you were the VCR owner, but I recently found out different... they were lucky to have you on the team.
    Your follow through made all the meet-ups and events possible. Success will continue in whatever you do...

7. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Ill take the furniture....LOl.... naw seriously great times.. I remember I used to drive 62 miles from my house in OC just to go to this event... I think over the last 5 years I drove more than 8 of my cars to this event... Good luck in your next gig... keep us in the loop..

But seriously I will take that furniture....

8. mnmblu

mnmblu Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2005
    Studio City CA
    Full Name:
    Alan S. Greene
    Every banquet must come to an end.

The future will be bright for you. Someone within our community will recognize your talents and put them to use. Your next "lucky" employer will get a very capable employee.

Let us know who was the smart one that snatched you up.

9. BLT2DRIVE

BLT2DRIVE Karting

Nov 3, 2008
    Holmby Hills,Calif.
    Full Name:
    Todd Varble
    Couldn't bring up an on line link yet to yeserdays front page story.... DailyNews.com, Dec 16,2009, title: Classic Court Battle, author: Sue Doyle,"Lawsuit bans car buffs from shopping center" Very interresting article on the heavy handed tactics we saw in place....Sad, onward we must go....

10. SPDADCT

SPDADCT Karting

Oct 28, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_14003233

11. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    Thanks again Dustin for devoting all that time for all of us enthusiasts!
    Much appreciated!

12. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Thanks dusty for all the hard work! I wish you well!

13. marankie

marankie Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Agoura Hills, Calif
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Thanks for the good times Dusty. Hoping you have a Happy New Year, and that your next venture be all that wish it to be.
    Martin

14. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Damn, my parents are gonna be pissed, they loved your coffee! When they are in town, I'd drive the 80 mile roundtrip for a pound of it. Any surplus floating around? I need to score some VCR!

15. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I believe they will still be selling coffee online. :)

16. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I'm really sorry to hear about this Dustin. Things will work out of you in the future. Maybe now you can finish painting that car of yours with the roller. Thanks for the memories bro, it was a blast while it lasted.

17. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    One door closes and another one opens...

I am sure that good things are in your future Dusty. You'll be in my prayers. Let me know if I can help open some doors.

Brad

18. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    So sorry to hear of VCR's passing. You (and it) will be missed, Dusty. Here's hoping your excellent organizational skills will land you an even better gig.

Thanks for some wonderful memories!

19. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    I only went a few times, but it was always a great experience. I am so glad I was able to introduce the event to my car crazy godson just before it was shut down. If you had seen how he went from car to car, taking tons of pix with his cell phone, talking to people about their cars and just basking in the cult of VCR, you would have been proud, Dusty. That's what these events are all about. Too bad the souless owners of the center have no clue. Let us know where you appear next and you know we'll show our support. In the meantime, I encourage everyone to boycott any property owned or managed by Regency.

20. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #45 TestShoot, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
    made an order. :)

21. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Dusty for Party Promoter...

22. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    WHA??? I leave Cali & the whole place falls apart.

What's next?

23. Killing Time

Killing Time Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Unbelievable and unfortunate. When I first moved to So Cal in 2000, I'd run around in the canyons from the PCH side and then go home on the 101. Sometime after 02, Dusty started reaching out to Rennlist, Audiworld and many other car sites. I rearranged my Sunday drives as a result. I started visiting VCR first and running around in the canyons 2nd. It was a lot of fun while it lasted.