993 TT market value | FerrariChat

993 TT market value

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by charliebronson, Dec 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    I've been looking at a 993 TT, polar silver on black with 75K miles. According to seller the car has had all services done and all it needs is a new home. The front bumper has been fixed and sprayed with the plate holes filled in. Seller said that the bumper didn't crack in accident, but the paint was scratched. Surrounding panels have been blended. Car has exposed parts (only half hood and not side view mirrors) clear brah'd. There is no recent leak down/ compression test but has all other service are documented. Car is listed for sale by Autobahn for ~$55K. Is this a fair price?

-Peter Oh

2. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    P, I don't even think that's close. I've been following that market fairly closely for awhile.

3. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    I would not pay over $40k. Paint work and too many miles to justify paying more. IMO.

4. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    Wow, never though a 993T would be considered to be in the $40K range. The mileage is high but I can't find other cars with polar on black. I think they all left for Europe.....
    Either way, I'm going to wait. Ideally I'd like a car with less than 20K miles.

Thanks,

-Peter Oh

5. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    waaaaaaaay overpriced.

6. five40iguy

five40iguy Rookie

Dec 3, 2009
    #6 five40iguy, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    All depends on the year. Looking at values and given condition. I averaged the two years produced and found for non "S" cars a trade in value of $33K with selling price of $35.5K and a trade in value of $46K with selling price of $51.5K for the "S" model. Looking online I found 70 TT cars for sale stateside with the low price being $26K for a 67K mile non "S" model reaching up to $100K for the "S" model. Not knowing what kind of nostalgia buff you are I am wondering why pay that kind of money for a "last of the air cooled" Pcar when you can own an Fcar. Who knows, good luck and happy motoring in your decision.

P.S. Charles, will you be making any cool movies in the near future?

7. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #7 Doug, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    Where are you finding 993 TT models in the $26-$35 range? You sure you are not mixing it up with the water cooled 996 models? The 993tt is one of the most desireable models of the modern era and the only one I have seen approaching $40k has been gutted for the track or has no motor. The lowest private party asking price I can find on one right now is $51k with higher mileage. If you can show me a '96-'98 993 tt with good mileage, and a clean history for $40k, please let me know because it will be in my garage ASAP.

8. gandalfthegray.

gandalfthegray. Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, I think there may be some confusion in the search. I just bought one of these cars last month and spent a few months watching the market. There were a few cars in the $40's, while most models were in the $50's. A few changed hands in the $60's, but they were exceptional with very low miles.

If you do find an example in the $20's it will most certainly carry some story. Perhaps salvage or in need of an engine rebuild. Often times searches turn up NA 993's that have a Turbo wing and appear as Turbo's as the seller often tosses 'turbo' in the add to catch your eye. Engine rebuild runs north of $20K! It's not unlike Ferrari where you get what you pay for.

P.S. Good luck with your search Peter!

9. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    your #s are about as off as the guy who is selling the car in question

10. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    My 96 has 37,000 miles and is about to go on the market for the $6x,xxx range. It also has a lot of mods and is FAST. Ive never seen a 993 TT for under $45,000. I still see them in the $80-$100 range. I guess $50 is a good starting point.

11. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

With the 993TT the trick is to get one with low miles so you can resell it eventually.

12. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    Charles Bronson died in 03. Never really liked his brand of acting. True Romance is however one of my favourite films. Gary Oldman's character in the movies alludes to Charles Bronson in the brothel dialogue leading to his death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w94dZ...eature=related

3.08 into clip.

As far as the 993 TT, if I ever found the right TT, I wouldnt sell it. What's the point of selling a $40-50K car?

-Peter Oh

13. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #13 Doug, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
    I am still waiting for a couple of the posters to show me the sub $40k 993tt's. I know where to shop the internet and cannot find them. Please show them to me if they really exist......

14. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    I've never seen one either...........but I think it might happen within a couple of years, maybe within one?

-Peter Oh

15. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #15 Bullfighter, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
    993 TTs really hold value. The 75,000-mile car in the first post would probably be below $50K, but the nicer original ones (lower miles, no paintwork) seem to be $60K and up to somewhere near the $90K range for perfect, uber-low mileage cars.

The cars are new enough that there are a lot of babied 993 TTs available. I personally wouldn't pay $55K for a high mileage one with a partial respray, when not much more cash would get a much better car, and one with much better resale potential if you don't plan to keep it forever.

I love the build quality on these, and the 993 body style was probably the best of the post-'73 911s.

Good luck on your search.

16. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    A 993 TT is wonderful car. It was the last of the air cooled turbos and the design is timeless. You can drive it every day. And it was, compared to water cooled Turbos, a low production car.

The 97 versions are typically priced higher than a 96. A lower mileage, high optioned, no stories 1997 TT can easily bring $80K to $90K; and even more for an ultra pristine example.

If you want to talk with a dealer who sells really nice examples of this car, call Ray Joseph in Houston. You will pay more, but have the peace of mind knowing you are getting a good car.

http://www.rpmsportscars.com/