is this the scuderia watch?? | FerrariChat

is this the scuderia watch??

Discussion in '360/430' started by johns930, Dec 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    It's not the "430 Scuderia" watch if that's what you mean..But it is a good watch.

2. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Personally, I couldn't wear a watch with a Ferrari logo on it. It would be a bit cheesy IMVHO.

I love Panerais, but I'd rather get a non-Ferrari version.

3. SoCCieBon

SoCCieBon F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Marc
  4. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    +1- pretty cheesy to have the logo on a watch (my opinion of course)

5. patrickM3

patrickM3 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Looking at the official Panerai website, ChronoShark (a division of SharkStores) is not listed as an authorized dealer in NY. These are most likely gray, as alluded to above. Buyer beware...

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I agree. I think my wife will look great filling out a t shirt with the F logo on it but no F clothing or merchandise for me. Just MHO however.

7. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I purchased this watch originally for $11,200. It was limited to 500 pieces. This is a really low price for the watch though I know that they're now getting discounted at least 30%. Here's a link but yes this is the Rattapante Scuderia.

http://www.panerai.com/s_ferrari.xpd?pag=2&id_lingua=2&id_sezione=15&id_categoria=5945

8. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #9 jjsaustin, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I like the watches. This is a picture of a real one, but you would have to make sure when you get it that is has 2 second hands (I think 1 silver and 1 yellow) and one operates with the left button. Most pictures the second hands are stacked on top of each other.

Personally I prefer the FER00033.

-Jim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    why not have a Ferrari logo'd watch would be my question. Pam's are great time pieces and truly the Ferrari watches didn't go over well so they will sell for good prices. I'd rather wear a Ferrari logo'd watch than a shirt. Most people don't look at my wrist that close. Pam's wear very well. Are very good size for most men's wrists and the Ferrari line is no different.

I'm sure though not a AD the watch is fine. I paid 45% off MSRP from a AD for my 2 Ferrari pam's so that price appears to be right in line. I don't know anyone that's ever paid msrp on a watch myself so I'm shocked Modenafan you paid full boat. Watches are so off this year I think the only watches at msrp are some very new Patek's......

buy the watch and enjoy it. In that price range there are 1000's to choose so make sure it's the right one for your long term use. It won't have much resale.

my 2 cents

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I collect Panerai watches, and all of them are numbered and produced in limited quantities. It is unfortunate, but true, that the Ferrari version has not been selling well and Panerai and Ferrari are not pleased. These pieces are available often, unlike many of the other models Panerai makes. Generally there is little to no movement on Panerai prices, but the Ferrari pieces are flexible. I've had several dealers call me trying to get rid of the inventory.

You see, Panerai dealers do NOT get to choose their pieces, they are sent what the manufacturer has available, unless it's a special order piece. Sadly, many dealers have these in stock and can't move them.

I would strongly suggest buying these in the secondary market at very good rates, or negotiate strong on a new pieces. Most Pams do appreciate in value over time given their limited production. However, I would not count on this piece too strongly.

Just so you know going in...