MS's standing with Ferrari now?? | FerrariChat

MS's standing with Ferrari now??

Discussion in 'F1' started by Formula Uno, Dec 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    Just wondering what happens with Michael's relationship with Ferrari since he is with Mercedes now.
    Wasn't he a consultant/spokesman with Ferrari??

2. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    no doubt it's run it's course. MS wasn't going to be the ferrari spokesman forever.

3. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Well that role is finished but lets see how 2010 goes because I am thinking MS isnt going to be as competitive as he thinks he may be. The reality is I am not sure how much influence MS actually had on the road car side if things anyway.

4. Killing Time

Killing Time Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Hang on...haaaang on. I haven't visited this site really. MS is with Mercedes now?!?!?

5. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Standing: Persona non grata.

6. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

You and a lot of others are going to be rather surprised with that line of thinking ;) Schumi will extract more out of the 2010 Merc over the season then any other driver in world can !

7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Probably, but he doesn't deserve it...and I'm not an MS fan.

Jack.

8. RS man

RS man Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    Scotland
    The real fans will still respect Michael, he brought the glory back to Ferrari and they should not forget that.

9. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Not only did he bring back the glory, he also is the most successful Ferrari driver in the history of the team, by a substantial margin.

10. jimxyz

jimxyz Karting

Mar 17, 2009
    Orange County
    I always enjoyed watching MS race - but I cant help but think that this may go the direction that the come back of Michael Jordan did... I hope not, but the "quit while you are ahead" adage has some truth to it.

11. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Do you mean when Micheal Jordan went and played baseball, didn't do too well, and then went back to basketball, winning three more championships back-to-back-to-back?

12. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    If he is competitive, it's a job well done. No one can come back to F1 after three years off and be competitive...except maybe MS. In my book, it he comes back and is on par with someone like Webber (or anyone of similar skill), he has more than proved he truly is in a league of his own.

Mark

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    +1000

I can't agree more.

MS brought back Ferrari to where they should belong. After he was pushed into retirement, he tried to get back, and so he joined a rival team. Whats wrong with that? Life goes on. I will support both the Ferrari drivers next season, as well as MS. I'd be happy if either one of those 3 win the WDC next season.

14. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe

My point was that even though I'm not an MS fan I believe he got a raw deal from SF and LdM at the end. I still respect him...so am I a "real fan" or not? I don't know or care. Even so....I think there are other drivers who could have achieved greatness under Brawn and Todt.

15. snakeseare

snakeseare Karting

Aug 28, 2009
    Wallis & Futuna
    Full Name:
    Ke
    #15 snakeseare, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    It's is also an acceptable replacement for the words 'it has' so his first usage of it was correct. Second one, not so much.

>8^)
    ER

17. zaevor2000

zaevor2000 Formula 3

Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Frank Waugh
    Any way you slice it, MS is now technically the enemy...

A very formidable, experienced, and ruthless enemy...

...it is what it is...

(truly a day many Tifosi wished they had never seen and some consider to be blasphemy... if only he had never stepped in a non-Ferrari cockpit again, his status within the Ferrari pantheon would have been of mythic proportions...the only problem is that MS was not done and is preparing to write another chapter in his career, the shame of it is that the glory will go to a competitor and not add to the glory that is Ferrari)...

18. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    At the end of the day, we can all blame Honda for this.....

19. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I have always liked MS and supported him from the start of his career and when he went to SF I had the best of both worlds. I will still support him aswell as SF which gives me the best of both worlds. I just wish the 2010 season started tomorrow and not three months from now LOL!!!

20. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No, I think he means when he un-retired the SECOND time and came back to play with the Washington Wizards.

21. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Great! Do they have one for apostrophes on plurals?

22. RS man

RS man Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    Scotland
    That grammatical error is not half as bad as "it must OF been ...." When did have become of?

Bloody idiots!

23. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Yes, that one is mind-blowingly ignorant.

24. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You's guys ain't right!! ;)

25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think they'll be fine and be friends for a long time yet. Ferrari don't forget about their drivers and world champions quickly, especially one who won almost a third of their WCCs.

No doubt he won't be developing the Ferrari road cars anytime soon (and I doubt he'll do the same for mercedes), I think I'm right in saying he still has his FXX but he may not be allowed to drive it on his Merc contract.