SACD Player Issue | FerrariChat

SACD Player Issue

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Crawler, Dec 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    I've had an SACD player for about four years. Suddenly, it's not recognizing some (but not all) multi-channel discs and plays them in stereo only. What's more, on some (but again not all) stereo SACDs, the bass track is not getting to my subwoofer.

Any ideas?

I haven't checked my 5.1 channel "Dark Side of The Moon" yet, but I hope it's not affected.

2. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    disclaimer... I have no experience with SACD players or discs, so I'm assuming the same rules apply to it as CD/DVD.

Have you checked the discs that aren't playing properly to make sure there are not any micro-scratches or anything?

If you can't see anything on the discs themselves, IMO most likely it is the SACD player in its death throes...

Possibly have a professional take it apart and clean the laser (or even just replace it) to remove any built up dust that may be interfering with proper reading of the disc.

It's also possible that the chip that decodes the digital audio into it's multi-channel format is going bad, in which case you will probably need to buy a new player.