Sunday drive | FerrariChat

Sunday drive

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by rcraig, Dec 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    The rain has come and cleared the roads of salt and Sunday is supposed to be cloudy but no rain and above freezing. Planning on taking a drive if anyone interested. Give me a yell.--Bob

2. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    I might be in. Still raining pretty good up here.

3. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Same, and the traffic is horrible with all those heading for the malls. Took me about 15 minutes to get from Concord Mall to 202 and Route 1.

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Details please?

5. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Just testing the waters Dave. Will see what the response is and make a plan.
    Josh got a pro car mount system for mounting video on the outside of cars like in full length movies so we are gonna want to test it out by having some people follow.
    I will keep an eye on here and post again later. Bob

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

if you go early, since we took today off I could participate. I'm getting cabin fever.

DM

7. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Ha, nice!

Actually, you chose not to come out! OK, so it was Dave M and I today but I hear you on that cabin fever!

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yeah, I guess I responded with the royal we on that one.

Still raining pretty hard here right now, I don't see how it can stop and dry out by morning but hope springs eternal. :D

DM

9. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I could join you at lantana at 1100 or could find you all at that time.

10. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

What, precisely, is a "lantana?" And where is it located?

DM

11. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Jon, Didn't think you were back till end of January. That would probably work for me. That would give it time to dry up. We'll meet you at Lantana (Dave- off Rt 7-- Limestone Rd. and Valley Rd in Hockessin Delaware) at 11 AM. Depending on who wants to meet we can either go Northeast, straight North or Northwest. I would prefer Northwest because of traffic that will build by that time of day, but we can see who else wants to go. Bob

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Hour plus from my house to the starting location, not gonna happen today.

I'm already in the dog house, no need to bury myself. :D

DM

13. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Well Bob, Thanks for the invitation. Mamie and I will be at the Lantana Square Shopping
    center located Rt 7 and Valley Road Hockessin Delaware 19707 ( the coffee shop) at 11AM
    We can hang until 2PM. Lets get out there people. Its SALT FREE!!!!! Jon

14. Fadiboy

Fadiboy Karting

Apr 23, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I may make the meet, but not the drive. Getting to Lantana is a drive for me. My 14 & 16 year old nephews sleep until noon. (I say it's sloth, my brother says they need their rest. Then under my breath I say, to do what? Sleep until noon again?).

15. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    I can't make it today. Looks like a great day for it too.

16. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Hope you guys had a blast today. Needed to sleep in but it was really tempting

17. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Did you guys meet up?

Pics? Video?

18. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Yea, Jon and the Maimster met us and we had a great drive north into horse country where we stopped and let Spielberg set-up his video . Started at the curve on 841 and ran an awesome loop with this big rig on the car. I was so excited for Josh I forgot to take pictures of the set-up (Duhhhh). Previewed the film, but Josh will be working on it for a while. It really works great. He will be experimenting all the time so we will be needing some other cars at some point (although it's hard to top that wild looking yellow GT3).
    BTW Joe Zaff. We ended up at the Whip for a fantastic lunch.
    Thanks again Jon. Josh will have the video up soon.

Bob

19. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #19 JoeZaff, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    UGGHHHH!!!! I wish I had been there. My car is in full hibernation mode until Spring under her little red car cover. Fully detailed inside and out, battery disconnected, battery tender on, and fuel stabilizer in tank.

Even with the beautiful weather, it would just be too much of a PITA to have to do that whole process again.

20. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Well Joe, you need to get a Miata or something just to drive during the winter months. There are no shows,no crowds of onlookers to impress in the short days of Winter...but there are plenty of driving days and socializing opportunities to be had. For Pete's sake buy yourself a used Subaru WRX for 14K for the winter and then drive it on the Winter Rallys. Its a great 4 wheel drive four door family car!!! Jon

21. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Its funny you should mention that! Originally, I was going to trade in the Accord for something more sporty and looked at every 4 seat automatic out there but I simply couldn't find a car that was as practical as the Accord and sporty enough for our weekend jaunts (don't say, how about a BMW, I have spent a year and change looking for a E36 M3 Auto sedan with low mileage and I haven't liked ANYTHING they have introduced in the last decade)

Funny you should mention that, recently I have been totally smitten with the old C4 corvettes, especially the ZR1's and am casually looking.

I love taking the Mondial out, but I love babying her just as much. The Mondial is a car I want to keep for the rest of my life, and hopefully pass on. People think I am crazy, but my little back mondial really is my perfect car--and I don't say that lightly. Accordingly, I am doing my best to find the right balance between enjoyment and preservation.

Now, if you want me to join you guys in the Accord, just let me know... ;)

22. djblu

djblu Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2007
    philthy
    Full Name:
    sean-michael
    How bout a mini cooper :)

I love your passion joe.

23. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Joe, You'de be welcome on a friggin tricycle. Hell, let me know and you can drive my Subaru and we can use it as a film car. Seriously. Bob

24. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks buddy! I really appreciate it, and if you guys are cool with me taking my DD, I am all in. I really miss these winter drives and the camaraderie. Bob, if you would like me to drive the "film car", I appreciate the offer and I am in for that too.

I want to warn you ahead of time, if I take the Honda, I may buy a couple of Scuderia shields on the fenders :) :) :)

25. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    I was out of town for the last drive. Do it again January 1?

Don