Big disappointment for LM 24H | FerrariChat

Big disappointment for LM 24H

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Dec 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I was so hoping this would come to furition......hopefully next year - Rossi would be fantastic with AF Corse or perhaps Team Modena (hint, hint Rik)

Carol

from Autosport

Rossi turns down Alesi's Le Mans offer

Valentino Rossi has turned down an offer to race alongside Jean Alesi in a Ferrari 430 GT2 car in the 2010 Le Mans 24 Hours.

The reigning Moto GP world champion, who finished third in class in the Vallelunga Six Hours GT race last month, told AUTOSPORT in the summer that he would be interested in competing in the French classic in the future.

But as he prepares to compete for his tenth world championship title, Rossi has ruled out any participation in car events that might distract him from this task - including Rally Mexico.

"I'm flattered by Jean's offer, but June is the busiest month of the championship, with as many as three races scheduled, so it's impossible to think of participating in the 24 Hours race," Rossi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

Rossi's Yamaha team manager David Brivio also emphasised Rossi's determination to concentrate on defending his crown in 2010.

"Valentino has even abandoned the idea of taking part in the Rally of Mexico, because it's too close to the start of the season, and there are the test sessions too," said Brivio. "Truth is, when the season starts, Vale wants to concentrate solely on bikes, which constitute his proper job.

"That's why he takes part in rallies and car races only once the season finishes."

Former Ferrari F1 driver Alesi, who will race an AF Corse Ferrari 430 in the Sebring 12 Hours and Le Mans, admitted he had got the idea after learning that Rossi was interested in doing the 24 Hours.

"It would be a dream for me, even though in truth I haven't spoken to Valentino yet," said the 1995 Canadian Grand Prix winner. "I got the idea after reading of his desire to race at Le Mans. So why not do that with me?"

2. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That's funny.

"It would be a dream for me, even though in truth I haven't spoken to Valentino yet," said the 1995 Canadian Grand Prix winner. "I got the idea after reading of his desire to race at Le Mans. So why not do that with me?"

Although I loved Sebring and I am so glad I went for the historic 2009 race, it will take more than this to get me back this year.

3. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Too bad, would have been an interesting pair to watch. I'm really hating this down season by the way. :)

4. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'll be looking forward to meeting Jean Alesi at Sebring. Good news. Thanks

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    so I take it you aren't going in March? we're kinda iffy on it right now (despite having hotel reservations and paid airfare) - Audi won't be there...I'd go to support Risi. If we end up not going to Sebring, then the only ALMS race would be Petit which is part of the Intercontinental LMP1 Cup. (fyi, got room at HI Express next to Chateau Elan).

Carol

you can see more historics in May in Monaco! ! ! plus a cost that's truly affordable!!

6. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Wifey just asked of my race schedule for 010 as she gauges her fun money to what I spend on race trips. I think she's planning ahead a little more than me. :) Considering the Daytona finish last year maybe the Bubba Boys driving kit cars. I don't know. Just waiting to see who's where. Maybe one across the water?

7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    we're going back to Spa - if you can't go to the 24h, this is the next best thing! - should have the largest number of cars of all the LMS races - fyi, we're going in and out of Dusseldorf instead of Brussels - way less $$

Carol