Wheel Spacer Pics | FerrariChat

Wheel Spacer Pics

Discussion in '308/328' started by twright, Dec 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. twright

twright Karting

May 15, 2005
    Indianapolis USA
    #1 twright, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just had to show some pictures of my recent steering wheel spacer installation. I can drive the car, now!

The spacer was made by a friend of mine that owns a lathe. It cannot be seen in the pictures because I found this really nice pleated rubber thingy that covers the aluminum spacer. I think it came out very well.

The only issue I have with it is that I was unable to find black flushmounted M5 screws to hold the wheel to the spacer and column. I had to resort to threaded rod and nuts.

I have mixed emotions about the silver nuts, washers and threaded rod. On one hand, its not stock, so I don't like it. On the other hand, it looks rather purposeful, like a race car.

At the risk of being abused, what does everyone else think of the silver color? (Please be gentle, I've only owned this car for two months and I'm still enamored with it.)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. pad

pad Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Tequesta, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Delatush
    I can not tell from the picture the lenght of the spacer, however, I made one for my car that is 41MM and used M5 - 0.80 x 55MM flat socket cap bolts. If these bolts will work for you, I have 94 extras (I purchased a box of 100). I'm not wild about you silver threads / nuts. I suspect you will be leaving some flesh on them one day.

3. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    #3 bert308, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Looks great to me. The 2v's may not be the most loved, but I think their steering wheels are the nicest.

5. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2007
    Mooresville,Nc (Race
    Full Name:
    Bill Long
    I'm doing the same thing only with a 30mm spacer and 5mm-.80 x 60mm FHSCS.Where did you get that rubber ''thingie''? It looks like it fits pretty good,i was just planning on leaving mine wrinkle black.
    B.

6. twright

twright Karting

May 15, 2005
    Indianapolis USA
    The "rubber thingy" came from a Grant steering wheel adapter that I bought for a 1989 BMW 321i convertible. I don't know why that adapter had the rubber thingy. I never used it to install the steering wheel, but it was too nice to throw away. I'm glad I didn't. It seems to adapt a steering wheel spacer for a Ferrari just fine.

7. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2007
    Mooresville,Nc (Race
    Full Name:
    Bill Long
    Thanks, i'll probably just go with wrinkle black.
    B.