New FMOV Dealership on Burrard | FerrariChat

New FMOV Dealership on Burrard

Discussion in 'Canada' started by shawsan, Dec 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    For those of you not able to track progress on the new FMOV dealership building on Burrard St., things are progressing, albiet with delays encountered in the fall. The building structure is now completely up, 3 floors, with mechanics bay in basement and parkage on top (4th floor) that could eventually accomodate more floors in the future. Glass has been largely installed on 2 of the buildings walls -- which are all floor to cieling windows -- with glass frames in place for most of the other areas suggesting 2 more weeks will see the building completely glassed in.

Will it be ready for the Olympic crowds. It's doubtful though I believe FMOV management still has their fingers crossed. Seems like a lot still has to happen inside. There's a 'rule of thumb' that once the structure is up and ready for 'lock up' that another 40% still has to be done to get the inside of the building ready. If that's the case, look for another 3-4 months before it would open.

If you've seen the original design, you'll note on one of the front corners of the building is a floor (1st floor) to cieling (3rd floor) elevator type space where exotic Ferrari's are going to be displayed on lifts. My understanding is we'll be seeing, all at one time, an Enzo, F50, F40, and 288 GTO stacked above each other, all on lifts, all gloriously viewable from the street.

It's exciting to see FMVO bringing this to completion. It will be a great tribute to Ferrari and Maserati and something I'm sure all owners and Fwannabes will enjoy visiting. My take is it's going to be a very positive addition to the city both in terms of architecture and presence of truly exotic cars. Hats off to FMOV!

2. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product. Thanks for the update, Paul. I haven't been able to get out there in some time, so I was curious as to how it was coming along. Sounds amazing!

3. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Sounds really cool so far. I wonder if Weissach/Lambo Vancouver has plans of doing something similar...

4. Rocket machine

Nov 28, 2007
    Vancouver B.C.
    Full Name:
    Aldo
    I am looking forward to having service done on my F car as the new manager told me that the service bay will have a glass roof and I will be able to view everything at a glance while drinking a cappuccino!

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    that is awesome

6. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I ride by the new FMOV on a regular basis and it sure looks like it will be a facility that is going put others to shame and increase the visibility of the brand in Vancouver.

7. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    I drove by there a couple of weeks ago. It's really starting to take shape. Looking forward to the grand opening party.

8. rands

rands Rookie

Aug 27, 2007
    #8 rands, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    Wow, That's going to be one amazing dealership

10. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    I pass by the site everyday going to school. It's coming along pretty well and quick.

11. Reds

Reds Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2004
    Richmond, B.C.
    The new building looks very nice, it will take a few more months for the interior improvement work to be completed.