WELCOME BACK "CARGUY" SORT OF ... | FerrariChat

WELCOME BACK "CARGUY" SORT OF ...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by MARANELLONATION, Dec 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MARANELLONATION

MARANELLONATION Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    North Andover Ma. 01845
    Full Name:
    Michael A. Ferrante
    RECEIVED SOME GREAT NEWS YESTERDAY THAT "CARGUY" aka JEFF GREEN
    IS AGAIN BACK AMONGST THE LIVING AND HAS PURCHASED A 1990 RED/TAN
    TESTAROSSA.JEFF FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW HIM PERSONALLY IS ONE OF THE NICEST
    GUYS AND CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS SITE.JEFF, CONGRATS AND DRIVE HER IN GOOD HEALTH FOR MANY YEARS TO COME . POST SOME PIX

2. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    wELCOME BACK jEFF, I DARE SAY IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE THE ENGINES OUT :D

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I am very happy to see Jeff make it back to the fold in such a short time considering the overwhelming financial challenges due to the economic downturn, all through sacrifice and and diligence. I went without a Ferrari for a year and it just SUCKED!
    Jeff told me the story last night, Wow, just wow!
    Hats off to his wife for her support too!!
    Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
    Too bad it's boring Red/Tan.:):)

Keep us up to date on your progress Jeff.
    DJ

4. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Congrats and welcome back.. Really happy for you..

R

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #5 Spasso, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
    PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!PICTURES!

6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

All Right Carguy !

Of course.....a big "FREEZE....MIAMI VICE ! " out to you.

Really glad to see you back.

Red / Tan? .....now that's different....for you. :D

Can't wait to see the pix of your next major/engine out service.

Shamile

Freeze.....Miami Vice !

7. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    FANTASTIC NEWS! Can't wait to hear more about your new baby, Jeff.

Curtis

8. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    "Questo filetto è inutile senza immagini"**

**"This thread is worthless without pictures" ;)

9. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hello EVERYONE! Yes it has been way too long! I must say, that I have not been the same person since selling my last Testarossa. To all who are contemplating selling...be absolutely sure that is what you want to do...or you will deeply regret it. During the selling process of my last car everything went very well, I seemed fine emotionally. But when the car was loaded up, and I saw it for the last time as it rolled away....I must admit I got a bit choked up. I tried to fill the void with really cool "daily driver" cars, like an A8L in perfect condition - literally spotless car, that car was great for a while. Then I got a very unique car, a VW Phaeton W12 - a truly AWESOME car - I really loved that car! But I just wasn't satisfied, I needed a deeper connection, that often impractical, purely emotional connection that only a Ferrari can provide.

Then destiny took a hand in the poker game of life for me. A TR owner was looking to sell his car, and he really wanted it to go to a true enthusiast. I heard about the car being for sale....but the seller didn't really advertise it. We got in contact, and I explained my situation.....after the financial hard times our company has been through...I really can't take the risk of committing myself to a large purchase. But the seller truly wanted the TR to go to a good home more than he wanted anything else. I could see that it was very important to him that his car was going to be taken care of and treated right.

So I committed myself to making this deal happen. I sold off many Ferrari parts, and other odds and ends, I had laying around. I also sold my Phaeton W12 - which was my daily driver. So how did I get around, here in Michigan, in the dead of winter? I rode my bicycle!!!! Yep!!!! No matter the weather.....sunshine or blowing snow.....I rode my bike, until I could find a good, solid, and cheap daily driver. People offered me rides, but I refused. I told them that I was on a quest to get another fine Italian machine...and that this was a purely emotional endeavor...it was a bed of my own making. If my car had blown up, I would accept a ride now and then....but this was something I that I chose to do.....so it wouldn't be right.....you know what I mean....????? So after years of being pampered and spoiled driving top-of-the-line German sedans, I'm now driving a good old Ford F-150.

After weeks of scraping up the funds.....I was able to purchase this wonderful Testarossa. But I must say that if not for the seller's desire that the car have a good home, and his flexibility and understanding....this deal would never have happened. He is a stand-up guy, and I have the UTMOST respect for him. The car was everything he said it was....and more. I am also in debt to Matt Brown (White Horse Auto Concierge) for transporting the car to me, his service is impeccable, and I whole heartedly recommend him.

So here I am, back in the Ferrari world again! I would like to take this opportunity to THANK all of the good friends (Michael, Francois, Curtis, Mark, Shamile) who kept in contact with me, and supported me, through all of these difficult times. That is the most important thing to me...and words cannot express how much it meant to get a phone call or email...keeping me in the loop so-to-speak. In so many ways I have been very fortunate since joining the Ferrari fold. I have made some truly great friends along the way - and there is no price you can put on that!

So...that is my story....and I am honored to be back!

10. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    I dont know what to say but I am very glad that you are back. :)

Phil Worrall

11. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    #11 johng, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    congrats jeff!! always nice to see cars going to true enthusiasts ;)

now post some pics!!!

12. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Awesome story Jeff and welcome back! So when someone sees you in your TR and asks you if you won the lottery (like my neighbor asked me) you can tell him (or her) the story of the bicycle in the snow and your incredible level of determination.

13. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Great story Jeff. I know the term Tifosi is usually applied to Ferrari race fans; but, if this story and your level of determination to get back in the cockpit of the legendary marque (and the TR at that) doesn't show the ral meaning of the Tifosi spirit, nothing does. Riding a bike in Michigan in winter for your transportation. Wow.

I look forward to seeing the pics and following along with your projects. Again, welcome back!

CC

14. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Funny story in retrospect Jeff...but you never really left the TR world anyway.....even if you didnt physically have one ;)

Congrats on the new ride...im sure you will savour this one even more than the last...and its nice to hear of a good story since the last 14 months all you hear about is doom and gloom....Enjoy it in good health and many more years.....Congrats...and Happy New Year !!

When do you get this fat a$$ , or did you get it already ?

15. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    Like the new TR story Jeff. Seems that you have quite a following here. Always informative to read your posts. How about a few pix and some facts on the new baby. Congrats.

16. traderjet4

traderjet4 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    long Island
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hi jeff

Your wonderful and insightful post on F-Chat and your dedication to marquee is the one of the reason I bought me Testarossa.

Welcome back...
    Joe

17. traderjet4

traderjet4 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    long Island
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sorry about the typing errors.
    Joe

18. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #18 carguy, Dec 31, 2009
    Okay...here is a pic of the car at the present time.....in it's raw state, no cleaning or nuthin...!

Oooops...can't post any pics cuz I'm over my quota...sorry....

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #19 Spasso, Dec 31, 2009
    This is what it is REALLY all about , the people and the love of the experience. Instead looking for the top dollar your seller was more concerned with selling to the right person.

I am really astounded of the short time from your original sale of that fabulous Grey car to buying this boring red one. You're resourcefulness and tenacity is one to admire. It makes me VERY happy to see this kind of success!

To a most deserving person.
    The only thing that could have made it better is if you had rebought your old Grey one . Love that car! I wish I could have bought that one myself!

Your wife must really like you a little bit.

Sincere congratulations my friend.

20. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Jeff,
    This is such wonderful news to finish off the year!
    I saw this thread yesterday and I was just overwhelmed.
    And reading your story today all I can say is that you deserve a TR more than anybody here on this wed site.
    Man, riding a bike in order to get behind the wheel of a TR...You're my hero!
    And your wife has all my respect also. Never forget that behind every great man there is a great woman.
    And this is going to be such a super 2010 to all of us with all those pics of the major-to-come-and-all-the-while-you're-at-it-stuff.
    Imagine, I can't even open my front bonnet, so you're a father figure to me on that side of owning a TR.
    Good grief! Can you feel how glad I am for you! :D
    HAPPY NEW TEAR TO YOU JEFF!!!!

21. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thank You Everyone!

As important as having a Ferrari is.....Francois has pointed out something that means much more than anything else...my lovely wife Karen! Without her support and understanding...and the fact that she has the patience of a saint....none of this would have been possible. I am forever indebted to her! Thank You Karen!

22. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Now that you are Silver subscribed get some damn pictures up!!

23. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    So true ... a great wife and partner mean so much when things are good and or bad...i think finding great women is harder than finding a great ferrari :D .... relax on the forever indebted to her part, if she reads this you might be giving her ideas to have you pay her back ;)

Happy New Year to you !!

Matter of Fact, Happy New Year in health and happiness to everyone on here !!

PS....Whatever happened the bike you were riding ? Take a pic of that too.

24. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Congrats Jeff and welcome back to ownership(since you never left the forum) Any chance this car needs a major? It may be time for another service thread from you.

25. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    It does, he will.